Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's cold here in Philly, decided to take the car to work and I got a TPMS system failure and it only shows me the left side tire pressures. As I continue to drive there is no indications, at a light I shut the car off and re-start to "reboot the system" and it come back on with just the left side again. Before I drive home I re-set it and it learns for 30 minutes then I get TPMS system failure warning again. The car is out of warranty, should I giggle a connector or something? If more than one tire sender is bad will the system think its failing? 3/4 of the senders are original 2007 vintage.

·
Banned
3,875 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yeah, I have 2008 CS and all 4 replaced last year. From what I've read, and personal experience, 4-5 years max.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just replaced mine in my 2008 a month ago. Whatever you do, do not get them from a dealer. I went with the site sponser EO Wheels/Titan and got all 4 for about $180. My indy installed them even though he'd never saw that brand before and was apprehensive. However, they work great and are even more accurate than the originals. Hopefully I'll get a reasonable amount of time from them. Stealer wanted $250 EACH. By the way, mine didn't fail completely but the two in the rear started giving very strange readings. I'd guage 35-36 pounds and the rears would read 40-42 cold and at the first start of the day. Then as the tires started to heat up, the reading would go DOWN to where they should have been to begin with. Before they started to fail they ran about 2 pounds under my guage. The ones Schnell is piching are the OEM version and very good. My indy wanted $165 each for those. Just wasn't worth it to me.:cheers:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I found that when mine are acting up the best way to get them working is to do the following. Turn the car on but do not start it. Take turns filling up each tire at least 5lbs over the recommend tire pressure. Then drop the pressure back to the recommend setting. This is always works for me and I never have to even drive the car. If you still have issues after that then you know the sensors are bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts