Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After learning my two preferred Porsche dealers want $173 and $225 EACH for TPMS sensors, I need to go aftermarket. I've read all I can here, and it seems there is a risk of aftermarket units not working. Is there any consensus on a reliable aftermarket product in 2015? Many of the threads are older, so wondering if a reliable sensor has been found. I see OE Wheels has a variety of products, but not sure which to choose. My car is a 2007 Cayman S with 2009 Boxster S II wheels (18"). The car originally had Carrera S 19" wheels as an OEM option.

Thank you.

Phil

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
i have the Same ones the dealer uses.. SAME OEM brand ..HUF .. MADE in GERMANY IN STOCK.. 433HZ.. NO PROBLEM 100% COMPATIBLE.. cause its the same ones in your tire right now.. for 85.60 .. ready for shipping...the orange suckers.. yours black.. cause they say porsche...

Lemon

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new problem I am facing is that my local dealer refuses to install ANY aftermarket sensors. Unless the sensors come of THEIR parts shelf, no install. They said they had three customers come in who had aftermarket sensors installed on their Porsches, hoping the dealer could make them work. The dealer tried, but they could not make the sensors work. With a record of 0 for 3, they simply refuse to address a 4th. I expect another dealer or independent shop would install aftermarket products but am rattled by reported instances of aftermarket sensor communication troubles.

Phil

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
you take it to nearest tire shop.. they charge you 80 dollars for the removal, balance and reinstall.. drive off. bam.. your done..

Lemon

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
After learning my two preferred Porsche dealers want $173 and $225 EACH for TPMS sensors, I need to go aftermarket. I've read all I can here, and it seems there is a risk of aftermarket units not working. Is there any consensus on a reliable aftermarket product in 2015? Many of the threads are older, so wondering if a reliable sensor has been found. I see OE Wheels has a variety of products, but not sure which to choose. My car is a 2007 Cayman S with 2009 Boxster S II wheels (18"). The car originally had Carrera S 19" wheels as an OEM option.

Thank you.

Phil
You've got the Gen 1 TPMS system. Suncoast is the least expensive I've found for factory parts, coming in at just under $160 per wheel for sensor and valve stem. Go aftermarket and there are many good choices ranging from the Huf sensors at the top of that spectrum, really the same as factory costing $86 a wheel, down to the Titan sensors at the bottom of the aftermarket spectrum at a cost of $34 per wheel, and many other options in between.

I've seen members post good results with the Titans, but the battery life seems to be shorter with folks reporting dead sensors in 3-5 years.

The timing of your post is ironic because we just did an article and satisfaction poll on this very topic.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked in "Articles" but did not see anything recent, only a post on the Beru units from 2011. What am I missing or not doing right?

Thanks.

Phil

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
I looked in "Articles" but did not see anything recent, only a post on the Beru units from 2011. What am I missing or not doing right?

Thanks.

Phil
Gator Bite runs the PCA Cayman Register site so thats where his article is. I also believe you have to be a PCA member to access it. I'm one of the folks who had his local independant install the Titan TPMS with great results. Don't know how long they'll last but for $177 for all four, including valve stems and shipping, I'm very happy with the product.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

is it possible add TPMS if my car doesn´t has it from OEM?
I guess I can mount the 4 sensors but, where can I see the info?

thanks

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
if your out of the country.. you have to send the vin number to me.. so that i can check the frequency of your car.. i can send to you in spain..

Lemon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Schnell Autosports
Does the 85.60 pre wheel include the value stem? Will you ship US PostalService to Canada. I do not want to use UPS into Canada?
Thanks Greg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts