Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of 20"Carrera S wheels in silver to replace the original platinum wheels. When I called what is considered to be the best tire shop in the area, I was told they would likely need service kits to re-use the TPMS even though the car is a 2014 and has less that 3000 miles. When I asked if that was something they have, they replied in a manner that led me to believe I was asking for something unusual. Shouldn't they have access to this service kit?

·
Registered
810 Posts
I don't get why tire shops will replace the valve stem in normal tires literally every tire change, yet will re-use the same TMPS valve forever. My TPMS valve stems get rather chewed up because I'm constantly bleeding/refilling air for autocross and I replace them every year or so. It's pretty easy to do when you're changing tires, fresh ones bolt right to the electronic bit. If the threads and Schrader valve are still in great shape, no harm in keeping them, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.