Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where and how many track or De events do you plan to attend this year. I live in the NE. so mine will be at W. Glen, NJMSP, S. Point, VIR. Try to beat last years total of 15.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
The same + Montecello, lime rock, Mid Ohio, Mosport & maybe Mt Tramblant

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
The same + Montecello, lime rock, Mid Ohio, Mosport & maybe Mt Tramblant
Mt. Tremblant is worth the drive. Watch out for bears crossing the track tho. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot Montecello, never been, understand it very nice, I guess one benefit of the bad economy, they opened it up for non members.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Diverdog, When do you plan to make the trip to Mid-Ohio? OVR is there in April, bring your rain/snow gear. NNJR has a good event which I think is in June.

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
What's the story with Monticello? Are they opening it up for club events? PCA?

Diverdog have you driven it? 4 mile track! Sounds and looks awesome.

Summit, VIR, Glen, NJ and maybe Mid Ohio for me.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I did 6 events at NJMP and 1 at the Glen last year and am planning to do about the same this year, probably a second event at WGI. Mid-Ohio is tempting, it was my favorite track when I raced. I traded my Cayman for a Cayman S and am planning a shake down run at NJMP with Schattenbaum in March.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Being in the Midwest, some of these great tracks are too far away. However, will start with Barber in March, Gateway, Mid Ohio(probably in April with OVR) Heartland Park, Putnam, Autobahn, Road Atlanta, Road America and maybe Black Hawk. Would do Blue Grass if they ever get it open. Did 12 last year and probably about that this year. My buddies and I have a planning meeting this Saturday.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
I'll be at mid ohio and Montecello with NNJR will be my first time for both. Brian you can go for a top speed run at Montecello. I'll bet ul hit 170 there! lol Had the opportunity to go to there last year by went to WGI instead

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Summit point is repaving the main track in April, was told no track days till May, they are giving it time to cure. Lets hope.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Where and how many track or De events do you plan to attend this year. I live in the NE. so mine will be at W. Glen, NJMSP, S. Point, VIR. Try to beat last years total of 15.
There are two DE events at VIR that I plan to do this Spring. 25 March- Wilderness Trail PCA Spring Fling, and 23-25 May First Settler's Region PCA DE and DE Instructor School. Both will use the full course. I have a black 2006 Cayman S. Ed

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
april 17-18 nasa is at VIR, then PCC is at VIR the 19-20. Great way to get 4 days at VIR.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Barber, VIR, CMP, 3 at Road Atlanta, and looking for a 7th event somewhere. It is a hobby, not an addiction:)

Chuck

·
Registered
238 Posts
Barber, VIR, CMP, 3 at Road Atlanta, and looking for a 7th event somewhere. It is a hobby, not an addiction:)

Chuck
Chuck:

Do you have the dates on the 3 at RA?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Chuck:

Do you have the dates on the 3 at RA?
Gil Frank,
Here's a copy + paste from a post I made at another forum. Last word I heard was that negotiations are still ongoing, and the usual April DE probably won't happen at all. The PCA PeachState Region has the events listed on their calendar now, but they are shown as "Provisional".

These dates are not 'set in stone', but the tentative dates for the DE weekends that the PCA PeachState Region will be hosting at Road Atlanta in 2010 are:

June 5-6

August 14-15

October 23-24

Once again, these dates are subject to change, so it is just a 'heads up' that you might want to keep those weekends open for the time being, if you are interested...I wouldn't book a hotel room just yet.

Great people, great track, great fun.

Chuck

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks Chuck:

I have noted the dates and will keep checking the Peachstate website for updates and registration. I did RA several times with the Ferrari Club about 10 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Since both of my sons live in Atlanta I will be able to talk my wife into coming up also.

Thanks again and hopefully I will see you there.

·
Boxster Enthusiast
1,765 Posts
I'm going to try to run at RA this year. I hear it's a great track.
Chuck, are you coming to Barber's in March? Group 4? Looks like several Caymans are registered.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts