Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to give you a few informations and some pics about an event that was held on Losail International circuit on 21.05.2010.
Because of increasing temperatures in this part of the world, this was one of the last events held before summer, and exclusively at night conditions.
My impression on the track was fantastic. This was my first track day since I got boxster 2008. The track is 5380 m long, and relatively new so the conditions are really great considering the surface and quality of asphalt, and must say it is very quick with fast corners.
You will see the list of cars which attended the event and my position comparing to stronger cars, with drivers attending event for several times.
I must say that it is a shame that we don't see much better cars on the track, which you can see in everyday traffic, but not willing to test them on the place made for them.

Losail Qatar - Photo Gallery

I will try to prepare some videos from that or other events...

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The guy in the Mitsubishi was faster than a Porsche GT3 and GT2. Ouch! He must be semi-pro or have some outrageous mods.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The guy in the Mitsubishi was faster than a Porsche GT3 and GT2. Ouch! He must be semi-pro or have some outrageous mods.
Not by a small margin either. 5.1 seconds faster than the next closest competitor.

That looks like a very fun track.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Evolutions are from Qatar National Championship, although the don't look any good, they are really fast as you can see.
The red GT3 has some modifications on exhaust and he is constantly on the track, that affects his times in a good way and makes him faster than GT2, but the guy who is driving the GT2 just bought it, and it's his second appearance on the track with that car, so i could say that he is still getting used to it... Previously, he used to come with Lotus Exige which he still has, but being a German, I suppose he is happier with GT2...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts