Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well track junkies, what if any mods have you made to your car over the winter? I was planning to do a few safety, suspension and drive line mods but until I get my engine situation straightened out I think the only thing I'm counting on is a roll bar. My friends with GT3's are very happy! LOL

I have been working on the driver. Lots of exercising and rereading my Ross Bently books. I'm excited to be attending a seminar with Ross at NNJR the day I get back east from Vegas!

So fess up boys & girls, lets hear about all those hot mods!

·
Premium Member
3,810 Posts
I bought a BBI harness/rollbar from another member, which I need to get powder-coated. Then I will probably install it sometime next month - once I get up the courage to go in and remove all those interior trim pieces in the back. :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
No mods this year; no money.

When through my track tires yesterday to see what I have and I can probably get through the year by using up the old rubber I have.

I have some things I purchased last year but never installed like wheel studs and the Softronic 4.1 re-flash to do.

I have the the GT3 nose and rear aero wing to do but probably won't do them as paint and body shop aren't in the budget. Also don't want to do this until I stop tracking the car as I don't want to mess this nice stuff at the track.

·
PCA / POC Member & Club Donor
1,928 Posts
I bought a BBI harness/rollbar from another member, which I need to get powder-coated. Then I will probably install it sometime next month - once I get up the courage to go in and remove all those interior trim pieces in the back. :eek:

Sawzall ;)

Just man up and get in there! If you are patient and use the PET (and articles) as a guide for clip locations it is not that tough (says the guy with no interior).

Cheers,

·
1,928 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
GT3 seats, harness bar and 6 point harnesses, GT3 brake duct spoilers, ATE type 200 flushed, PFC 097 pads. Now for some more "driver" modification haha.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Not sure I'm a fully fledged track junky but I'm working on it.

So far this winter: Revo flash, H&R springs, B&M short shifter, alignment, AWE Pedals, Cobra Imola S seats, Brey-Krause harness truss bar, Crow 6 point harness, Porsche aero kit front splitter, track wheels.

Other stuff, possibly cosmetic (but i like it): Rennline aluminum driver matt, Rennline shift lever.

Coming soon: Speedart rear wing, Raid, Daytona Race, steering wheel, AX/STS rubber.

·
1,928 Posts
Not sure I'm a fully fledged track junky but I'm working on it.

So far this winter: Revo flash, H&R springs, B&M short shifter, alignment, AWE Pedals, Cobra Imola S seats, Brey-Krause harness truss bar, Crow 6 point harness, Porsche aero kit front splitter, track wheels.

Other stuff, possibly cosmetic (but i like it): Rennline aluminum driver matt, Rennline shift lever.

Coming soon: Speedart rear wing, Raid, Daytona Race, steering wheel, AX/STS rubber.

And do not forget - a new POC classification!

With all of thoses mods you are now in class L Prepared (LP) - the flash did it.

See you at the track!

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
And do not forget - a new POC classification!

With all of thoses mods you are now in class L Prepared (LP) - the flash did it.

See you at the track!

Cheers,
I know and would not suggest otherwise. By my calculation I also move up a class for PCA AX. If I have miss calculated please advise.

After all said and done it makes little difference as although the car is great, well lets just say the driver is ?

It's all fun either way.

I will see you soon I think.

·
Registered
76 Posts
light weight fly wheel, ecu tune, fabspeed exhaust, sparo evo pro seats, team tech 6 pt harness, brey krauss harness truss, oz light weight wheels, nitto n-01 tires, stage two tpc suspension, steel brake lines, pagid 19 brake pads.TPC did all the work. Mike can send his son to college after that invoice. Also built a 30X30 garage, 9000 pound lift.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Is that all? lol sounds like fun. I want to do a LWFW, get my damptronics hot rodded, and a guard LSD. Need to get an engine first

1 - 20 of 22 Posts