Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to upgrade flywheel , clutch , possibly clutch slave on my 2010 S. What are all reccomended parts I need to upgrade my car for track work? I was thinking AAsco flywheel, Sachs sport clutch but what else do I need to order to have bullet proof clutch for track work? I haven't seen much in way of aftermarket hydraulics for cayman s.

·
Vendor
703 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade flywheel , clutch , possibly clutch slave on my 2010 S. What are all reccomended parts I need to upgrade my car for track work? I was thinking AAsco flywheel, Sachs sport clutch but what else do I need to order to have bullet proof clutch for track work? I haven't seen much in way of aftermarket hydraulics for cayman s.
I think that's about it. Since even before 2007, the Aasco stuff is the only stuff we have raced on. They make a really nice steel replacement flywheel that weighs about 16 lbs. They also offer a Sachs plate and disc combo AND a special release bearing. We ran it on all of the race cars. It got a wee bit hot towards the end of the 24 hour but that was to be expected. If you're interested I can give you more information and put parts in your hands.

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
864 Posts
Is your "Track Work" DEs, AutoX or Racing? I have 99 DE track days on a 2007 Cayman S with stock clutch all in instructor run group with no issues.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Is your "Track Work" DEs, AutoX or Racing? I have 99 DE track days on a 2007 Cayman S with stock clutch all in instructor run group with no issues.
Hillclimbs, autocross, track days. Stock clutch with 36k miles is not holding well. I'm also looking for weight reduction opportunity and something that will put up with a little more abuse with clutch being dropped at starts.

i did this setup on my 370z race car. The Tilton is probably a little extreme.

IMAGE_192.jpg

·
Registered
151 Posts
You should be fine with the Aasco/Sachs set up described above (swap the bearing while completing the install).

I have this set up going into my 4th DE season with out any issues ... this is a great track upgrade that is worth the cost and time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, the lighter flywheel is definitely noticeable. It does make small amount of driveline noise occasionally compared to stock but not bad. I do have something wrong with slave or something else in system as the clutch still occasionally doesn't engage properly. Isn't know if system is taching on something or if slave is failing. But new clutch slipped once today . Engagement isn't smooth either. I like being able to feather clutch and its hit and mist. Sometimes clutch engages abruptly and sometimes it's slips. I know it's not right as my wife's 2009 Boxster S is far easier to shift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts