Registered
207 Posts
track____lap time____name_____tires_______date________event type
njmp 1:18:00 lightning toyo R888 8-30-14 DE

981 cayman s x73 fvd muffler

·
Registered
39 Posts
Miller Motorsports Park_____1:57.855**______Pirelli PZero____September 12,2013___Pirelli World Challenge GTS (Driver: Jack Baldwin - new GTS track record)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
BTW, my Mid-Ohio time above should've been 1:38. My memory had failed me... will know for sure in a month.
Correction to a correction. :D 1:41 was the correct time. Best I could muster this time was 1:42.036.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
12 Hour Course Sebring 2:35 - Bridgestone RE-11's - 09-27-14

·
Registered
301 Posts
Track____lap time____name_____tires_______date________event type

VIR FULL 2:09.43 Denton Hankook Z214 C51 11/9/14 ACNA DE

·
Registered
192 Posts
Ipd, gt3 tb, stop tech 6piston front brakes, stock rear brakes, rc6e pads, 275-645 and 306-645 Pirelli, MCS double adj, target sways, os giken, evoms v-flow air cleaner, fab speed headers and race exhaust.

how is the cold air intake?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Didn't realize GTS4 NASA can be GTB1 PCA. The mods with the new GTB1 specs definitely transform the car. Can't wait to get it out on the track next season.

·
Registered
192 Posts
With NASA it is completely a pwr to weight system. Right now the car is 306 RWHP and weights 3050 (with me). With slicks the ratio is 9:1. I could weight 2754. So there is some work to be done either to increase the HP or reduce the weight. What are the new GTB1 rules? Would my car be able to run there?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was told that the mods I've incorporated bring me up to the current GTB1 specs, but I haven't researched it in detail. I didn't get out much last season. You can check it out via the PCA site. You're definitely close, and this car will be very competitive in GTB1 vs trying to shed 300 lbs for GTS4. That's a tough one!

Keep me posted on where you're headed next season - it would be good to run together and compare notes.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The key difference (save for the mods you guys mentioned) for GTB1 is the weight. Off the top of my head a gen 2 car has to weigh in at 2950 & a gen 1 comes in at 2750. So if you have a gen 1 then you'll be right on in GTS4. I'm literally building mine right now for exactly that - dual duty in both series. Not to mention much of what I've seen with GTS3 vs. 4 is that the GTS3 cars are right on the 4's due to the M3's being so fast, so in theory stepping up is not that big of a leap.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
I think the ipd and gt3 tb would need to be stock to run in GTB1. But otherwise i am close. The rear wing might be an issue as well. Part of the reason I run NASA is a lot more events within several hours drive vs PCA where the travel is much greater! As far as weight goes I am spot on for PCA at 3070 (with PDK).

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think the ipd and gt3 tb would need to be stock to run in GTB1. But otherwise i am close. The rear wing might be an issue as well. Part of the reason I run NASA is a lot more events within several hours drive vs PCA where the travel is much greater! As far as weight goes I am spot on for PCA at 3070 (with PDK).
You are right about the stock TB in GTB1. My plan is to swap back and fourth (its a ten minute change) as its needed.

The wings are fairly liberal in PCA and very liberal in NASA. I hear you on the number of NASA events vs PCA.....same story by me in the North East.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ran a 2:01.8 on 12/21/14 at Buttonwillow 13CW with RS3s on OZ wheels with a Fabspeed exhaust and EVOMS Intake along with GiroDisc rotors and GT3 master brake cylinder. That was an improvement of almost 4 seconds on stock wheels with no mods. The brakes were confidence inspiring but the suspension was not (suspension mods coming next).

·
Registered
747 Posts
Ran a 2:01.8 on 12/21/14 at Buttonwillow 13CW with RS3s on OZ wheels with a Fabspeed exhaust and EVOMS Intake along with GiroDisc rotors and GT3 master brake cylinder. That was an improvement of almost 4 seconds on stock wheels with no mods. The brakes were confidence inspiring but the suspension was not (suspension mods coming next).
That's a real strong time. The best I've ever run is 206 my Exige s R888s . Craig Stanton ran a 157 in my Exige s. I'm looking forward to running my stock CS anything under 208s for me is good.carl

301 - 320 of 383 Posts