Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if anyone had experienced something I did last weekend. I took the 987 out for a stroll given it was in the garage for a whole week and on my way back it was drizzling lightly.

As I approached the 60 km/h mark, I eased off the throttle and soon felt the car behaving a little out of the norm so I lightly tapped the brakes, the rear stepped out and it was extremely scary. Despite that, neither traction control nor ABS came into action.

Is it a faulty car or am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
ShiangHorng, glad you're safe...

ABS wouldn't kick in unless you're really hard on the brakes. What condition are your tyres in? and what road surface did you face this on?
I found some stretches of NKVE/PLUS highway a little slippery when light drizzles hit.

read this thread below as there are others who sometimes face this too...

http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-...29-had-scary-moment-today.html?highlight=spin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.