Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you folks think? The dual exhaust splits. Think there might be a way to put a trailer hitch on a GTS 4.0? Probably sounds crazy to some, but I am a bit crazy, and I'd love to be able to transport my bikes out to the country where the riding is good.

Possible, or not?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yea, you're better off with a roof rack on a Cayman than trying a trailer hitch. The muffler / splitter design doesn't leave much room at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bummer, a roof rack isn't an option I'm willing to consider. Too obtrusive to the overall look of the car. Either I figure out a way to make a hitch work or I'll have to live without bike transport.

·
Registered
252 Posts

or ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is there a tow hook threaded receptacle in the back bumper? If so, given that this is a car that sells in multiple markets there may be both a right and left side threaded insert. In which case, there is a solution: on my MR2 spyder there were such threaded points for tow hooks. There was a hitch which had two bolts going into those holes supporting a bar and a trailer ball on the bar. I used it to tow a trailer with my autocross tires on it. It worked like a charm and towed fine up to 85mph. see Gauging interest: Twos R Us trailer hitch with bike rack. for bikes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts