Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on Porsche Marin last night and it said that the transfer case has been discontinued. I sure hope that's not the case.

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should be a little more clear. I went to the parts section to see what the price is and what part number they are on and it showed it as discontinued.

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should be a little more clear. I went to the parts section to see what the price is and what part number they are on and it showed it as discontinued

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, I don't need it "yet". I was just checking price because I am experiencing ever so slight rumbling from down below. I think I see us needing a new TC in our future.

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
It would be somewhat surprising if they discontinued the transfer case since they issued an extended warranty on them and a lot of them are still under this extended warranty.

Perhaps they've been superseded.. (much more likely) and that word didn't register with the parts dude.

· Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure they are still making them for the reasons you are suggesting. My fear is they quit selling them to the public. My Cayenne hasn't seen a dealership since I bought it. I can't imagine what they would charge if I just dropped it off and said to put a new transfer case in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts