Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planet 9 members, I'm making this thread to explain something to a fellow Cayenne Owner.

1999Aero911;18065388 said:
Upon researching the issue someone said it was related to cooling the transmission, but I am not sure that is the case since its coolant and not ATF. BTW the other side valve on the drivers side is a lot easier to get to and is actually in the wheel well so all you have to do is remove the liner.
There is a heat exchanger that sits atop the transmission. Two paths run through it. One path is transmission fluid and the other it coolant. The transmission fluid runs thru a front air cooled radiator then again thru the heat exchanger that site stop the transmission. So there is coolant that runs towards the transmission, or that little box that sits on top of the transmission.

Hope this helps.

It's the green box in the first picture and the #4 in the second picture.
Arm Font Slope Machine Recreation
Font Parallel Auto part Rectangle Engineering

· Registered
1 Posts
I am that fellow Cayenne owner. I did a lot of research when looking for this valve and in general all the diagrams in the parts catalog are quite confusing and not super accurate. For instance, in the diagram you show, #16 is only listed for a 3.0 Diesel. I couldn't find a 4.8 Turbo part number, only v6 and 4.8 N/A. Looking at pics of the actual hoses I noticed the valves look the exact same, and even saw that other VWs and Audis use the same valve (there is a URO parts version that lists lots of different compatibility). In the end I based my part number of 958 572 809 00 off the below diagram, even though the parts catalog shows that is for a 3.6L V6. Looks like #36 is that heat exchanger that flows coolant.

White Font Auto part Engineering Art

Thanks for letting me know about this place, as I have had quite a few bad experiences with "another forum" in the past. Some flat out lies from "experts" on there caused a buyer to back out of a 911 I had listed on eBay years ago and it costed me thousands of dollars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.