Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just manage to remove and prepare the area for the stone guards on my Cayman S, has anybody installed them before? I would like to know if there are any tricks or tips in order to do a flawless job. By that I mean, no fingerprints on them, well centered and without bubbles! Like always, thanks in advance!

·
PCA Member and DE Instructor
3,107 Posts
Use a mild solution of soapy water sprayed on the area where you want to install them. That way you can move them around. Use a credit card, or similar for smoothing and removal of bubbles. Start on the small end and work towards the big end.

·
Premium Member
1,605 Posts
What amdeutsch said but would add that you want to make sure the area on the car is clean. Also I like to work from the center to edges with a squeegee when removing the bubbles.

Good luck!
-Moto

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just finished installing them and they look great, a soapy solution and the credit card trick made my job waaaaay easier! Thanks!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Pretty sure you can find them on suncoast's website? I didn't get the clear ones but I did order a set of black ones from them quite a while ago.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got the from sun coast, i looked them up on other places like ebat and suncoast was the lowest price. Btw there are several youtube videos that show the removal of the glue (if it leaves some residue) with WD-40. Didnt have it on hand so I used goo off and it worked. I did clay it afterward, polished and waxed it. Looks brand new, now I have to detail the remainder of the car!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
According to Suncoast website they do not offer stone guards for the 981 Cayman/Boxster. I send them an email in hopes that they might have them and just can not locate them for some reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts