Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few times that I have cleaned my wheels (all of them actually as I have had the car a month), after cleaning the wheels with Sonax, I drive the car, and on the next stop I find a ring of muddy looking residue on the inner barrel of the wheels (all 4). I know it was not there when the wheel was cleaned as I brush the inner and it is like new when Im done. The only thing that I can think off of that there is some residue from inside the disk core that slings onto the wheel barrels as I drive after the wash. the disks being drilled, I would not have thought that they could retain anything inside but.........Anyone have the same experience with this happening? maybe they have to be cleaned, driven and cleaned again......

TIA

Jpr

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Problem is what you describe... water gets on the brake disks and then streaks off on the wheels. Really annoying... solution is to let the wheels and brakes dry completely before driving off.

I got my wheels powdercoated satin black and not only does the black make the wheels look good even dirty, they seem to have a way to 'repel' water and such smears/streaks 'don't stick' and 'blow off.' The stock clearcoat seemed like glue for dirt.

·
Registered
107 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts