Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please help me on this one, I'm not to sure what step I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to set up the universal garage door opener but no luck.

after reading the manual this is what I've been doing.
so I press I button until the red light ( under II) flashes slowly, then I go out of my car take the remote and press the open /close door button until I get 3 blinks from the turn signal.

so when I go and press I button, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong, Am I missing a step

·
Registered
513 Posts
You could have the type of door opener that changes codes all the time for greater security. In that case follow the 2nd set of instructions in the manual. It works. That is what I had to do when the first set of instructions failed after numerous attempts. It does help to have another person help you...one in the car and one on the ladder at the door opener housing. Jon

Reactions: Damonki

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Does your garage door opener use a rolling code?

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Does your garage door opener use a rolling code?
Had the same problem. Trick is to teach the car the remote code first. After that press the button that will blink on the garage opener. It will blink for 30 seconds or so as it looks for a code. Press the car button you used, #1 for example.

Your done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I read and re-read the manual and for me, a step was missing. Here is what I did for my rolling code to get it working:

1. Press I and III until the red LED flashes
2. Press I (or II or III to set up the Home link button to be assigned)... Maybe I am a bonehead but I just did not see this step called out in the manual. :eek:
3. Press and hold the original clicker at the front of the right bumper until the turn signals flash.
4. Press PROGRAM on the garage door opener
5. Press "I" on the Homelink until garage door moves then stop. It took 7 presses for my rolling code was aligned between the car and the garage door opener.

===
Bill

·
Registered
945 Posts
Mine took 2 tries. Thought I did everything correct and identical, just worked after second try.

·
Registered
89 Posts
It took me 2-3 tries for the Genie garage opener. Can't say the same for the gate opener of my driveway. I have given up on the Chamberlain Miracle One gate opener. It will open the gate when I press the Homelink button but just refuse to close the gate no matter how many time I reprogram.:wall:
I even tried to program button II to open and III to close but no go.

·
Registered
311 Posts
It took me 2-3 tries for the Genie garage opener. Can't say the same for the gate opener of my driveway. I have given up on the Chamberlain Miracle One gate opener. It will open the gate when I press the Homelink button but just refuse to close the gate no matter how many time I reprogram.:wall:
I even tried to program button II to open and III to close but no go.
Try to reprogram it again, this time with brand new batteries in the «Chamberlain Miracle One Gate Opener»; being very close and pointing to the «Porsche» bonnet crest also helps, sometimes...

Please give it a try and report back... ;)
Thank you.

Cheers,

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have two genie garage door openers with rolling codes, I was about to give up on getting them to work with the Cayman. Then I realized I was using a replacement remote to program the car and not the original remote.

Once I had that figured out it worked great, this may not be your problem but it might help someone.

You are not alone in having trouble with this, there were lots of posts on various forums on this topic.

Good luck!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I couldn't get my first 911 (04 997) to link up to my Henderson garage door opener. Turned out that they were both operating at separate, non overlapping frequency ranges?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I still can't get mine to work. And its starting to pi$$ me off.

Spent two hours on the weekend.

There is a note in the manual that says once you capture the remote signal. (get the three blinker signals) If you press and hold the assigned home-link button it will flash if it has a rolling code and then you should proceed with the rolling code process.

Mine does not blink hence no rolling code. But I tried the process anyway.

Checked with the door manual and it has a program button that you press and it will acknowledge any new key remote within a 15 second window.

Tried that, still no joy.

:helpme:

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Had the same problem. Trick is to teach the car the remote code first. After that press the button that will blink on the garage opener. It will blink for 30 seconds or so as it looks for a code. Press the car button you used, #1 for example.

Your done.
Yep. Same thing happened to me. I had to teach both my car and the garage door opener. This may solve your problem.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts

Your done.
Yep. Same thing happened to me. I had to teach both my car and the garage door opener. This may solve your problem.
Yep tried that too but no joy. My doors only allow a 15 second window to see the button press as well.

Im thinking of getting the dealer and the Garage door installers to both turn up at the same time and fix it for me.:(

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
This is correct. Teach the car the remote code. Then you need two people or really fast footwork. Press the learn code button on the garage opener, then while it's blinking press the porsche button you stored.

Make sure the car is on. If I'm not mistakened the unit doesn't broadcast when the car is off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I an having the same problem. I start the Cayman then press buttons 1 and 3 which gives me the all clear. Then I went out and held the receiver to the middle of the front of the car. I couldn't get the side flasher to blink three times. The dealer was trying to help but he said I could just go home and see if it had a multiply code. Since I didn't know what that meant I have tried it a couple of time again at home and still have not been able to get it to work. Reading that one owner took 7 tries I will go at it again and I think I will get a second person to help. Cross your fingers.
Midnight Shadow

·
Premium Member
2,618 Posts
I an having the same problem. I start the Cayman then press buttons 1 and 3 which gives me the all clear. Then I went out and held the receiver to the middle of the front of the car. I couldn't get the side flasher to blink three times. The dealer was trying to help but he said I could just go home and see if it had a multiply code. Since I didn't know what that meant I have tried it a couple of time again at home and still have not been able to get it to work. Reading that one owner took 7 tries I will go at it again and I think I will get a second person to help. Cross your fingers.
Midnight Shadow
Look at Post #5. Quite often with newer openers one has to also activate the GDoor code/reset button (somewhere within the door mechanism - get GDoor manual and a ladder :() and then follow up quickly (30 sec??) with Car reading sequence.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I went to homelink.com as per the car manual's suggestion and followed the instructions and it worked the first time.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
I went to homelink.com as per the car manual's suggestion and followed the instructions and it worked the first time.
Thanks for that, there is an additional step in here that is not in the Porsche manual.

Pressing both the home link button and the Remote at the same time. ?

I will try it when I get my car back.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts