Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I read and re-read the manual and for me, a step was missing. Here is what I did for my rolling code to get it working:

1. Press I and III until the red LED flashes
2. Press I (or II or III to set up the Home link button to be assigned)... Maybe I am a bonehead but I just did not see this step called out in the manual. :eek:
3. Press and hold the original clicker at the front of the right bumper until the turn signals flash.
4. Press PROGRAM on the garage door opener
5. Press "I" on the Homelink until garage door moves then stop. It took 7 presses for my rolling code was aligned between the car and the garage door opener.

===
Bill
Thank you, this worked in my 2007 987 base.

·
Registered
45 Posts
These things are really a problem. After many tries, I gave up and just got another remote for the car.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I know, I gave up on mine too. I can easily go through the process and get it working on my 981 as my setup has a rolling code, but then it will stop working within a few uses and the button will start to flash when pressed to open as if its back in setup mode again. There is no rhyme or reason behind when or why it suddenly isn't OK any longer. I gave up after setting it up three times over a few months and just put another garage remote in the car

41 - 43 of 43 Posts