Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I mounted a wheel/tire set I used on my old 987.1 on to my new 981. Took the car out to get the TPMS to synch with the car, but no luck. I had hoped they would work because a) I just recently installed these sensors, and b) I bought them from tire rack, and tire rack lists the same sensor they sold me for the 987.1 for the 981 (HUF 433 MHZ). Any suggestions? Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I mounted a wheel/tire set I used on my old 987.1 on to my new 981. Took the car out to get the TPMS to synch with the car, but no luck. I had hoped they would work because a) I just recently installed these sensors, and b) I bought them from tire rack, and tire rack lists the same sensor they sold me for the 987.1 for the 981 (HUF 433 MHZ). Any suggestions? Thanks!
Well, I think I answered my own question. On one of these threads someone mentioned that while 433 MHZ is consistent amongst Porsche TPMS systems, between 2008 and 2009 they changed a protocol, making pre '08 TPMS systems incompatible with post '08 systems. Love to hear this from Porsche, but it sounds reasonable given that after about 12 tries, no luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts