Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new, to me, 2008 Boxster S has a couple of small issues.

I have been searching before posting, without luck. So thank you for any help.

The interior trunk release buttons are not working. Both trunks do release from the key fob.

Also, possibly related, the dash mounted spoiler button, and PSM Off button don't function or illuminate.
However, The spoiler does appear to be working.

I've checked the fuses in the kick panel fuse box. They're all good.

Any suggestions? Interconnected fuse located somewhere else?

On a different note, I recently started having problems with the Clutch Disengage Switch. I have a new one on the way from Suncoast. Hopefully that will solve that issue.

Even with the small issues...I do love driving this car!

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
First, in the files section somewhere, there is a 987 wiring diagram. That is always a good thing to have for a DIYer. Since the things the buttons operate appear to work, the next step would be to remove the switches and examine the connectors. Neither is very difficult to remove with the proper guides. Often removal is covered in someone's write-up of a different subject. Like - disassembly of center console is covered in write-up on replacing the radio or shifter. Once the side panels are removed, you can see the screws holding the HVAC and switch controls in the stack.

I've removed the trunk switches along with the sill once. There are two hidden screws (torx headed IIRC) that need to be loosened under the black caps on the inside. The seat gets in the way and needs to be move to get a good angle. Better look for instructions since you can't see the heads and it is critical you get the correct torx size and a long enough driver. The screws are set-in kind of deep. Once the screws are loosened, the whole sill can be raised. The rubber weather stripping needs to be flexed out of the way. I used interior pry tools.

·
Registered
514 Posts
My spoiler button (07 Cayman) was inoperative when I bought my car a few years ago. Took it to the dealer who replaced it for a ridiculously large amount of money. I later ran across a thread here on a cheap fix, so do some searching on the site. (I tried but could not find it.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The interior buttons do not work for the trunks. The trunks do release from the key fob.

I actually bought the switch panel that contains the Spoiler and PSM Off buttons (used). I disassembled the center console and plugged in the new unit. No power. No LEDs.

Thanks for your input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.