Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What new tracks do you intend to drive this year? Why? For me Mid Ohio, Montecello and I hope Mt Tramblant. I'm going to be moving west in a couple of years so I want to drive as many east coast tracks as possible.

I've been wanting to do Mid Ohio but it's a 10 hr drive so it adds a full travel day on each side of the event. Everyone I've talked to says it's an awesome very technical track. I'm really looking forward to it.

Montecello because it's close and I want to see how the other have lives! lol

Tramblant calls to me. I've never been to Montreal or Quebec. It's one place the wife will go with me. I'm going to see if I can combine it with an event at Mosport on back to back weekends. Make a Canadian vacation out of it. I understand its a great track too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm trying Carolina Motorsports Park next weekend, I've heard it's really hard on brakes but fun. As long as the weather cooperates it should be good.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Mt Tramblant is pretty far also. Great track; do Mosport on the way.

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mosport on the way up of back for sure if I can schedule it that way. I really enjoyed it last year.

·
Registered
282 Posts
What new tracks do you intend to drive this year? Why?
I'm going to hit the F1 tracks around me this year: Hockenheim, Nürburgring F1 track and (again) the Spa F1 track. Not sure which others I'll hit. Between the Porsche driving schools and a group in Germany called the Pistenclub (yes, another compound noun!), there are some great choices for an old American living in Germany!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was hoping to hit Mosport and I have heard good reports from others that have driven at Mt Tramblant. It's a long drive to Mt Tramblant from western NY, and some guys do those trips with a trailer for their track car (no trailer for me though).

Lime Rock would be a good thing as well - especially since I still have my stock exhaust on.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Mosport and Mt. Tremblant are about the only 2 tracks which I have not been to that I still want to drive.

Diverdog, you will enjoy Mid-Ohio and get to try your CS against a few GT3's. Mid-Ohio is a good track for the CS.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
We'll be doing VIR with NNJPCA and trying to do Bluegrass assuming it opens.

DriverDog: You'll enjoy Mid-OH; we've been going for the past 4 years and learn something new at every event. The segment from turns 7 through 10--called madness--is what the CS was designed for.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Diverdog:

If you get to Mt. Tremblant this year save a little time for Montreal. My wife and I went the F1 race in 2008 and enjoyed the city as much as the race. The food was great; try Au Pied du Cochon (order the "duck in a can") and Europea, both are unique and wonderful (also a little expensive).

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
What new tracks do you intend to drive this year? Why? For me Mid Ohio, Montecello and I hope Mt Tramblant.
Those tracks look interesting. Monticello looks to be the only close one to me. I'm new to this thing so I haven't been to a lot of tracks. This year I'm interested in Limerock, Monticello, Mt Tremblant, Road atlanta and VIR.
Those last 3 are 8hrs, 13hrs and 9hrs away from me so it looks like i'll try to go to Limerock, Monticello and Tremblant. NER's signature DE event is mt Tremblant. It happens the same time as the Mont Tremblant blues festival so 2 birds with 1 stone. I better start saving some cashiola for those trips.

I hope to see your cayman turbo if ever we meet at any of those tracks :cheers:

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope to see your cayman turbo if ever we meet at any of those tracks :cheers:
No turbo for me! Yet LOL

All good tracks you want to visit. How about a cople of good ones closer to home WGI, Thunderbolt & Lightning?

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Diverdog I'll definitely try to get back to WGI this year. I've also driven at lightning but have yet to try thunderbolt. Haha I thought you were going for the turbo. What are you getting done? Suspension mods?

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Diverdog I'll definitely try to get back to WGI this year. I've also driven at lightning but have yet to try thunderbolt. Haha I thought you were going for the turbo. What are you getting done? Suspension mods?
Is that home wrecker Pistol Pete starting rumors! LOL He's very good at spending my money. I want to do some improvements on the car, Heigo roll bar, LWFW, X51 clutch, Guard LSD & have TPC "hot rod" my damptronic coil overs. A firmer brake pedal would be nice to.

I'd love a turbo, passing GT3's on the straights would add insult to injury! LOL I had a brief ride in Brian Walsh's turbo CS and it was awesome!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thunderhill and Laguna Seca. Thunderhill 'cause it's there and LS because I used to drive to it from Long Beach and watch the races and promised myself I'd drive it one day. Now I have the car to do so.:banana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts