Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so I've been shopping for a 987.1 for about the last 6 months and am finally ready to pull the trigger. I've narrowed my choices down to 3 cars, but I need a little help before I pull the trigger.
The 3 cars are all farther than a days drive away so I'm looking for recommendations on where I could get each car PPI'd at.

The first car here is located in Monticello, IL. Has a population of about 5,000 so I doubt they have a good Porsche shop.

The second car here is a DE1 in Richfield, MN (so not too far from Minneapolis).

The final car here is in Grove City, OH (just south of Cleveland).

Can anyone recommend a good place to get a PPI for any of these cars, or even better is anyone near any of these cars and would like to take a quick look for to make sure they're even worth the trouble of a PPI?

Each of them seem to have their own issues, the price of the first seems too good to be true, and really same with the second (plus it looks DIRTY in the pictures). The 3rd looks pretty good but the dealer seems somewhat sketchy.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I can't help with the ppl advice, but I will say the first one seems the best. It has some good exterior options on it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a PPI done at Porsche of North Olmstead in Cleveland. Talked with Dan who was the service manager and told him what I was interested in as far a wanting a well loved Cayman. He called me 5 minutes into the PPI and told me to walk as the car had major paint issues and you could tell it was used and abused (pictures looked very good on the listing). He even refused me paying for the PPI as he told me to keep the money and use it on another car. I was very impressed and the next week ended up purchasing my 2012 from Pittsburgh after a flawless PPI. Good luck in the hunt and be patient, I looked for over 6 months for the right car.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I live in Champaign Ill it is about 15 minutes from Monticello Ill, Ricks Auto is a great Porsche shop, they have everything to do a PPI, most of the people that live in Springfield Ill, where there is a Porsche dealer is, drive a hour to Champaign to have there car serviced,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts