Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am looking to find somewhere to get my hands on a replacement side vent like the one below. I had one decide to liberate itself from the passenger side of the car. I put the factory ones back on, but would love to get a replacement. I love that carbon scoop look. Ive seen a few like it, but cant find any just like this.

If anyone has any leads or knows a place, it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
97 Posts
No longer available unless used. The guy that used to make them supposedly took a bunch of members money and failed to provide products

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, this is what I was afraid of.

If only I could find where it flew off at id refurbish it haha. The glue that held the carbon to the frame let go after all those miles.

Well, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
140 Posts
He actually makes them again. Look on the cayman or Boxster Facebook page. He also came on here trying to apologize recently to re introduce these but, received a lot of backlash trying to do so

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
He actually makes them again. Look on the cayman or Boxster Facebook page. He also came on here trying to apologize recently to re introduce these but, received a lot of backlash trying to do so
Yeah he offered to pay people back through the sales he was doing on ebay and elsewhere and guess what, he's never paid those people back even though he continues to sell these via other channels. We told him flat out that he has to pay back the prior people he scammed before we would even consider giving him another chance. He still hasn't paid them back, so he is still banned from selling here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Take the buying/selling bad experiences apart, aftermarket vents are nice, and to me, they seem to protect large objects flying into the car (either front grill or side vents). One question in my mind, how will all these grills, especially side vents, affects the aerodynamics, will they improve, or actually degrade the cooling effect?

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
Take the buying/selling bad experiences apart, aftermarket vents are nice, and to me, they seem to protect large objects flying into the car (either front grill or side vents). One question in my mind, how will all these grills, especially side vents, affects the aerodynamics, will they improve, or actually degrade the cooling effect?

They do increase performance and keep the car slightly cooler as they bring in more air just as the new 2013 and up 981 does ,that's exactly why Porsche makes them this way now ,with this increased air flow combined with DE-Snorking your car yor get somewhere around 7 to 12 more HP -Just The DE-Snorking has been proven to add around 7 more HP as proven on Dyno's but its hard to put a number on something that increases performance the faster you go so a dyno does not tell the true story.

·
Banned
3,496 Posts
YEP you got that right :) also we do not sell on this site - we do not sell on facebook - we do not sell on e bay - this is a local car show and tuner shop product only until we clear our name .Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts