·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

4 - stock
6 - FabSpeed exhaust only
10 - FabSpeed catless headers, SRP 4.1 and STOCK exhaust
12 - FabSpeed catless headers, SRP 4.1 and Cargraphic Sport exhaust

Hope this helps as you make your choices. I do wish that dyno 10 were broken out between SRP and headers. But there is only so much time.

Tomasz

·
Super Moderator
3,809 Posts
So it looks like adding an aftermarket exhaust to the Fabspeed headers didn't add that much - good to know for those of us who want quieter exhausts.

What did you do with the downstream O2 sensor in #10, the Fabspeed catless headers/stock exhaust set-up (to avoid a CEL)?

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
It's kind of hard to resolve the different colors on the chart, but it appears the Cargraphic exhaust does provide a significant gain over the stock exhaust in the 3000-4000 rpm area. The difference is negligible on the top end. Am I reading this right?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will see what I can do about the lines on that chart, it is busy.

Jake is right, 3K to 4K the difference is HUGE. Everywhere else not much more over headers alone.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
How is the sound of the Cargraphic? Does it have much resonance in the critical 2000-2500 rpm region?

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
I will see what I can do about the lines on that chart, it is busy.

Jake is right, 3K to 4K the difference is HUGE. Everywhere else not much more over headers alone.
3-4K RPM IMHO is much too narrow to make any difference. A Porsche typically does not really start to pull below4,500 and then well into the 7K. When driving spirited you hardly drop below 5K, certainly not on the track. So the Cargraphic IMHO would only add anything of the line, aside of course if the sound is right. Which is my point all along, the stock exhaust for a stock exhaust is very efficient and sport exhaust barely add much to be validate in dyno runs other then a sporty exhaust note. Just like a nice watch does not tell the time better but looks nice.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How is the sound of the Cargraphic? Does it have much resonance in the critical 2000-2500 rpm region?
Well, its loud. And yes it has the drone. Strangest thing is that it's a pretty much stock exhaust with cats that have been swapped out. I wonder if they also mess with muffler baffles.

The sound it makes is quite raspy. A bit like AWE. I personally prefer the deep FabSpeed sound. I also will need to get the car up on a ramp and check for leaks.

T

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I removed the headers to further experiment. Exhaust is pleasant now. There is some drone when you floor it at 2,000 RPM going up a hill. But why would you do that? Seems just like the SpeedART, meaning - I could take Gator's post and claim it as my description of the Cargraphic with stock headers. Catless headers make it too loud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts