Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm developing a Caymn S as an OSP class hillclimb car. I run against things like vipers , v8 hybrid 240 z cars, Zo6 Vettes etc. Sort of a highly modified street car class. I ran a 500 hp 370z using a Stillen supercharger. Very cost effective power with $5500 kit. Have set some records and won my class with the z a couple years in a row. Wondering about a TPC cayman as a hillclimber.

i need at least 500 hp to hang with V8 cars that show up for this class. What does TPC offer that might put my cayman into similar power to weight ratio as Zo6 or a viper. I have already started to shed weight from my car using Aasco lightweight fly wheel, Sachs sport clutch, lightweight battery, recaro race seats, lightweight wheels. But I do need more power.

Here re is my 370z with 500 hp. i also ran C85 race quality ethonol and wonder how many TPC cars run C85? That was a very fun car I'm just wondering if TPC makes an affordable system that could come close to power my Z car made without costing a fortune? Also curious can TPC systems be tuned to make good low end torque? Need grunt in lower RPMs to come off slow uphill turns. Peaky top end power won't cut it in Hillclimbs.

http://youtu.be/Da9astpXo0Q

http://youtu.be/0vaePrOHohc

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,593 Posts
The short answer is no. You can get 500 engine hp with alky injection and a turbo kit but figure on more like $12-14k. Durability would be very shaky with a stock pistons and rods too. No way you will get low end grunt like a belt drive supercharger either. You could go with a tighter turbine housing for more low end but that would cause restriction, loss of top end power and more engine heat issues. I don't know of any Cayman's running E85

My 4.0L made 535 lb/ft and 573 HP at the wheels running 100 octane and 12 PSI boost. More available but I'm afraid for the tranny! LOL You don't want to know how much it cost. Although Vision could build you one for a lot less now that development is done

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hi I'm developing a Caymn S as an OSP class hillclimb car. I run against things like vipers , v8 hybrid 240 z cars, Zo6 Vettes etc. Sort of a highly modified street car class. I ran a 500 hp 370z using a Stillen supercharger. Very cost effective power with $5500 kit. Have set some records and won my class with the z a couple years in a row. Wondering about a TPC cayman as a hillclimber.

i need at least 500 hp to hang with V8 cars that show up for this class. What does TPC offer that might put my cayman into similar power to weight ratio as Zo6 or a viper. I have already started to shed weight from my car using Aasco lightweight fly wheel, Sachs sport clutch, lightweight battery, recaro race seats, lightweight wheels. But I do need more power.

Here re is my 370z with 500 hp. i also ran C85 race quality ethonol and wonder how many TPC cars run C85? That was a very fun car I'm just wondering if TPC makes an affordable system that could come close to power my Z car made without costing a fortune? Also curious can TPC systems be tuned to make good low end torque? Need grunt in lower RPMs to come off slow uphill turns. Peaky top end power won't cut it in Hillclimbs.

Hoopa hillclimb 2012 - 370z - YouTube

http://youtu.be/0vaePrOHohc
This is definitely doable. Our Stage 3 Turbo Kit with optional ball bearing turbo and methanol injection kit will definitely make the power you are looking for. If you are doing this on the stock engine, we would do a milder tune (less ignition timing) to get the most service time out of the stock engine in racing conditions. Ultimately for this level of power, the engine should be strengthened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts