Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Turbo II Wheels

Votes: 44 53.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having an extremely difficult time deciding between these 2 wheels for my Cayman S order. Color to be Carerra White. Wheels will have colored Porche crest centers. please see below and tell me what you think looks best. I am looking for a sporty yet classy look. Carrera II wheels are first and Turbo II wheels second.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
IMO I find the turbo II more appealing.

But the Carrera S II wheels are classy while the turbo II is sporty... and you want both looks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
I can see your dilema...they are almost the same. I like the tri-dimensionality of the carrera wheel a bit more...it looks from the pic that the spoke of the carrera wheel arches a bit more than the turbo wheel, something I like.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I personally think silver wheels aren't the best looking on white cars. Have you considered having them matching the car (white), or possibly painting them a gunmetal? I voted fot the Carrera S II wheels, really like those!

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Try to have a look at them in person... I saw the turbos for the first time the other day and there is a lot more open space as compared to the carreras. I like the way they look, but YMMV.

·
Registered
337 Posts
4 reasons for the Turbo II:
-newest wheel and therefore more rare
-more aggressive looking
-the nice red calipers look massive behind the smaller spokes
-I have them ;-)

Reactions: KL Cayman

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Spent 30 minutes starring at these 2 rims side by side on identical white CS's. The Porsche configuration photos look nothing like them in person. The t2's are very aggressive looking but I am not a fan of them from certain angles. I think the Carrera s 2's look better on the white for my taste.

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
This poll is closer that I thought it'd be. The other thing to consider is the $1k price difference. $2500 for those turbo 2s isn't an insignificant amount of money.

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Both are awesome looking wheels - clearly reflected in the even split of the poll (16:16 as of now).

My .02:
- the Carrera wheel melds with the lines and curves of the CS more => classy, "understated"
- the Turbo wheel is less form-conforming and sharply angular => aggressive, "draws the eye"

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recently went through the exact same decision and ended up with SII in black. I also love the turbo II but they seemed too 'busy' on the boxster. Either will look great on a white cayman.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Carrera S II for me....will likely be the wheels I get for winter tires on the R.

Powder coated black of course!

I know this will sound odd but I think the curves of the CS2 wheel better matches the curves of a Cayman... If the car I'm ordering didn't have the Spyder's wheels, I'd pick these.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
I am having an extremely difficult time deciding between these 2 wheels for my Cayman S order. Color to be Carerra White. Wheels will have colored Porche crest centers. please see below and tell me what you think looks best. I am looking for a sporty yet classy look. Carrera II wheels are first and Turbo II wheels second.
Both wheels look great with white. Get the cheapest. I think there's quite a bit of difference in price. When I can't decide, I just go with the lower cost. There is no wrong answer here. You'll be buying track wheels in a year anyway!!!!:burnout:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts