Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have probably seen the work I've done to get a 2011 Turbo on the road. In preparation for long-term ownership, I would like to know what kind of life to expect of the turbos so that I may plan some budgeting. I'm a 90k on this one.
A positive: when checking on air suspension parts, a dealer parts guy said they have sold some front units, but never a rear air shock.

· Registered
2008 Cayman RS (my version) and non-RS 2010 GT3
2,149 Posts
So your wanting to know turbo life expectancy? Generally speaking, if you let them properly warm up and cool down AND they were properly built…. A long time technically. I built numerous turbo cars and their all so different. Change the oil often, etc

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your wanting to know turbo life expectancy? Generally speaking, if you let them properly warm up and cool down AND they were properly built…. A long time technically. I built numerous turbo cars and their all so different. Change the oil often, etc
I'm pretty cognizant of the proper treatment, but that's good to hear! Thanks!

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
I do keep an eye on things like turbo failures - and on the Cayenne's it's extremely rare. The ones I've seen reported as needing replacement are ones where the housing cracked for some reason. I can't recall seeing any with bearing failures.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.