Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
owners manual states that you can lower both windows by turning the key in the door (towards unlock posiition) and hold for a few seconds, after first unlocking the doors via the remote, cant seem to get it to work. Any suggestions??

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
is this feature in all Caymen models? Does '06 Cayman S have this feature?

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
From the manual, page 26:

Comfort function when unlocking the vehicle
Unlock car with the remote control.
Hold car key in door lock in the unlocking direction
until the windows have reached the desired
position.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
From the manual, page 26:

Comfort function when unlocking the vehicle
Unlock car with the remote control.
Hold car key in door lock in the unlocking direction
until the windows have reached the desired
position.

Yep thats what i said, but it doesnt seem to work, held the key in the turned position at least 10 seconds...:crazy::helpme:

·
Registered
184 Posts
That's one of the cool features that need to be turned on through PIWIS, but if you go to the dealer most of the time they pretend it doesn't exist. Either that or they truly don't know. You can also put your windows down from the remote and set it so the windows crack when you open the rear hatch so it is easier to close. Supposedly this same type of coding is available in the latest Durametric Pro version but I don't think anyone has actually got it to work. Search older threads for PIWIS coding.

Edit: Here's one of the old threads with information http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-chat/31161-some-piwis-coding-performed.html

·
Registered
52 Posts
It was a feature on my 06 when it was delivered (mine was first cs delivered ). Dealer informed me at the first service that porsche had a bulletin to deactivate this feature due to customer concerns of unintentional activation.. so.....I went for it and missed the feature. I used The durametric software to enable the feature again. No problems since.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I went home and tried it - it definitely doesn't work. I first unlucked with the key and then turned the key again - nothing. Then, I unlucked with the remote and then turned the key counterclockwise - nothing. I think this feature has been disabled. Held the key in the unlocked position for over 10 second. :(

·
On Probation
582 Posts
i havent tried the key way but just open the door and the window switches work without the key in ignition...09 cay

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.