Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a CS 06 and when i turn the headlights on the front fog lights are also illuminated.

The actual fog lights are off on the headlight switch, it is all the way in, but the foglights are on.

The front fog lights though in this condition are not as bright as when i actually turn the front foglights on, headlight switch one click out.

I do not want the front foglights illuminated when i turn on the headlights. I only want them on when i actually turn them on myself. I cannot find anywhere in the manual that indicates how you can either enable or disable this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
223 Posts
The fog lights have another small bulb on the bottom that is illuminated. It is not the main fog light. I think that it is called a "driving light". It cannot be turned off. But you real fog lights are not on unless you actually pull the light switch out to the first detent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine does this too. Its just a little bulb in the bottom of the fog light. I don't want this on either, but I can't find a way to disable it either. When I do activate the fog lights they do come on, but this little bulb is always on.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
I'm going to venture a guess here and that is you are talking about night time "driving lights" that come on when headlights are turned on. On other cars like my Jeep they are called "parking lights". I am sure they are a legal requirement and that requirement came from way back when headlights used to burn out a lot sooner and easier. If you've ever approched a car with a headlight out on a dark road and were never sure if they were in the middle of the road or on their correct side of the road, or if it was a motorcycle, you'll understand why this is. It's intent is to demonstrate to oncoming traffic where you are relative to your lane because the "driving light"/"parking light" is still on when the headlight may have burned out. Got it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.