Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Thanks K-man S. That's how I've always used the site. A couple of notes:

1. The "already read history" is saved on the site, not in a local cookie. So if you were reading on your work computer (shame on you;)) then in the evening when you check from home, it is current.
2. You need to be logged-in to use new posts. That means those lurkers who just drop-in for occasional browsing will need to create a login/password, and actually become members.
3. I set my profile to display thread messages newest first. So when I click on a long thread, I don't have to scroll through all the stuff I've already read to get to the new stuff.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I wasn't aware of the option until now but it's a nice one. Good tutorial too. I'll be using it from now on.

·
Administrator
34,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks K-man S. That's how I've always used the site. A couple of notes:

1. The "already read history" is saved on the site, not in a local cookie. So if you were reading on your work computer (shame on you;)) then in the evening when you check from home, it is current.
2. You need to be logged-in to use new posts. That means those lurkers who just drop-in for occasional browsing will need to create a login/password, and actually become members.
3. I set my profile to display thread messages newest first. So when I click on a long thread, I don't have to scroll through all the stuff I've already read to get to the new stuff.
All true, I didn't want it to get too technical for this tutorial, but all good points.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts