Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got my wife her own Cayman S two weeks ago and became a "two Cayman family." (A super clean 2011 CPO car with only 17,500 miles.) I thought that was pretty unique - until the DE at Sebring last weekend where we learned of two more couples doing the same thing - one of whom has twin Cayman R's - sweet!

There's no better way for a couple to have fun together than tearing it up on the track in their Caymans. I'm lucky to have a wife with the "speed gene." She's about to move up to the Solo group with PCA and I just got my Instructor rating. We're planning on many years of Cayman S fun together!

Sebring 2.22.15.jpg

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's pretty awesome. 2 caymans are definitely better than 1.

Reactions: alasorte

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
Very cool but it sounds expensive! Mine on the other hand goes to the beach with the girls whenever I spend a weekend at the track. That's not cheap either! :)

·
Incurable Gearhead
993 Posts
...There's no better way for a couple to have fun together than tearing it up on the track in their Caymans. I'm lucky to have a wife with the "speed gene." She's about to move up to the Solo group with PCA and I just got my Instructor rating. We're planning on many years of Cayman S fun together!
TOTD (Thread of the day.)
:cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
That's awesome. I wish I could get my wife to even like cars. I have to say though, she's made great strides as now she can tell the difference b/w a 991 and a 987. Unfortunately that also means I can't replace the 987 with a 991 without her noticing. Oh well.

With that said, as great as these cars are, I still would have a gone with something different just to change it up but that's just me.

Good luck. She's definitely a keeper.

-Moto

·
Registered
810 Posts
I'm a two Boxster family (2004 & 2010), with my wife and I both competitively autocrossing & time trialing them. In my case having two is temporary as we're trying to sell the 986S, but it's sure nice for the time being that we can both have nice cars on nice days :) DD for me, errand car for my wife.

Twin Cayman Rs, though... lol.

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is my daily driver but I've got close to 7,000 track miles on it so far. My wife's is just a weekend car. And a track car, of course!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's awesome. I wish I could get my wife to even like cars. I have to say though, she's made great strides as now she can tell the difference b/w a 991 and a 987. Unfortunately that also means I can't replace the 987 with a 991 without her noticing. Oh well.

With that said, as great as these cars are, I still would have a gone with something different just to change it up but that's just me.

-Moto
I'm a Cayman fanatic and never considered anything else for my wife. I've got a BMW E30 race car, and I do Chump races in a Mazda Miata with a team. (We won the EC class at Daytona last year.) But for me the Cayman is the ultimate track car. Has the engine in the middle, where it belongs, and handles better than anything else for the money. Plus, my wife loves to drive a Cayman. Ain't no way I'm messing with that!

Reactions: amartkd

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
My wife has been begging me to teach her how to drive a manual. The only issue is my Cayman is the only manual we have access to. I have tried to no avail to convince her that her Jetta TDI is "sporty".

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
The silver CS or the wife? :hilarious:

I'm a 2 987.1 Porsche family but I'm single so they're both mine. Glad to hear your wife shares your passion. Buy her a Go-Pro so she can tape her runs and let her learn from that.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
We have Mike R among us who'll soon be a 2 Yellow 981 family.

He has a yellow 981 Boxster S and soon a yellow GT4... Who can beat that! ;)

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We have Mike R among us who'll soon be a 2 Yellow 981 family.

He has a yellow 981 Boxster S and soon a yellow GT4... Who can beat that! ;)
That tops out two CS's, for sure!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The silver CS or the wife? :hilarious:

Buy her a Go-Pro so she can tape her runs and let her learn from that.
Got it! Hucksterboxster, I like your photo on the Corkscrew. That track is on my bucket list.

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
This thread is the most hilarious thread on P9.

Thank you guys for your hilarious comments... :)

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Oh trust me, I wouldn't mess with that either. I'm just jealous. :(

-Moto
I'm a Cayman fanatic and never considered anything else for my wife. I've got a BMW E30 race car, and I do Chump races in a Mazda Miata with a team. (We won the EC class at Daytona last year.) But for me the Cayman is the ultimate track car. Has the engine in the middle, where it belongs, and handles better than anything else for the money. Plus, my wife loves to drive a Cayman. Ain't no way I'm messing with that!

·
Registered
659 Posts
That's great!

I tried to teach my wife to drive a manual when were both in OCS, my poor SE-R.

Now she just mashes her Macan's turbo pedal down and scares the crap out of me.

Congrats on your new car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts