Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again!...Went to the bank today and saw this Guards Red Boxster and had to park next to it and take some photos. After returning to my car and sitting down, the driver of the Boxster, an older lady, walked by and asked me, "Is yours a 718?", I said, "No it's a 981 just like yours". She replied naively, "All I know is mine is a 2014". Perhaps I should have clarified that mine is a Cayman with hard top. lol :)

We complemented each other on the choice of colour and pleasantly departed ways.

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
The Boxster is a great looking convertible especially with the top down, the Cayman's flanks make it the better looking car though. I would accept the argument with the Boxster with top down and Cayman are equals in the good-looking department though!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Here we go again!...Went to the bank today and saw this Guards Red Boxster and had to park next to it and take some photos. After returning to my car and sitting down, the driver of the Boxster, an older lady, walked by and asked me, "Is yours a 718?", I said, "No it's a 981 just like yours". She replied naively, "All I know is mine is a 2014". Perhaps I should have clarified that mine is a Cayman with hard top. lol :)

We complemented each other on the choice of colour and pleasantly departed ways.
I see that you have a Luxor dash. Did Porsche buy the Hula girl sunglasses?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The solar Hula Girl comes from Canadian Tire and is very tacky, but dances well and makes me laugh or smile everytime I get in the car!

·
Registered
263 Posts
After returning to my car and sitting down, the driver of the Boxster, an older lady, walked by and asked me, "Is yours a 718?", I said, "No it's a 981 just like yours". She replied naively, "All I know is mine is a 2014".
I think she misheard you and thought you said "No, it's a 1981" (as in model year 1981). :hilarious:

·
Registered
832 Posts
A 2014 981 Boxster driven by a little old lady! Did you get the license plate and VIN? This car could be a real bargain in a few years. lol

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
The thing that is really cool about the Porsche community is that we always park next to each other. I do the same thing. I find people parking next to me all the time.

I also really like the waves and headlight flashes as we pass each other. I love our community.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Hula girl loves the sun!

The Luxor dash can cause some significant glare and I almost always wear sunglasses to take the edge off. I don't like dark or black interiors - I know I'm in a small minority. Alas, it seems like Porsche no longer offers full Luxor interiors on their sports cars anymore. I guess I will just have to get the full leather Black/Luxor interior next time. :)

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
The Hula girl loves the sun!

The Luxor dash can cause some significant glare and I almost always wear sunglasses to take the edge off. I don't like dark or black interiors - I know I'm in a small minority. Alas, it seems like Porsche no longer offers full Luxor interiors on their sports cars anymore. I guess I will just have to get the full leather Black/Luxor interior next time. :)
That was the joke. If you haven't heard, there was a class action suit launched against Porsche based on glare from the light coloured dashes. Instead of fighting, Porsche has agreed to pay up to $175 for mitigation, mainly sungalsses. That's why they no longer offer light coloured dashes.

You would be eligible for shades, I believe. Not entirely sure about the Hula girl.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That was the joke. If you haven't heard, there was a class action suit launched against Porsche based on glare from the light coloured dashes. Instead of fighting, Porsche has agreed to pay up to $175 for mitigation, mainly sungalsses. That's why they no longer offer light coloured dashes.

You would be eligible for shades, I believe. Not entirely sure about the Hula girl.
Thanks Steve. I didn't hear about the class action lawsuit! However, it appears that only Americans are eligible, "Everyone who fits the following description is a Class Member: All persons in the United States who currently own or lease, or previously owned or leased, a Class Vehicle bought or leased from an authorized Porsche dealer in the United States."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts