Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

Two Red Cars Side by Side, both begin with the letter “C”: Camaro vs. Cayman 981

5K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Last_935 
#1 · (Edited)
I saw this red Chevrolet Camaro RS on the outskirts of the mall parking lot close to where I was parked and thought I would drive up beside it and take some photos. While I was taking photos, three enthusiastic teen boys walked by and asked me about the car. They were also interested in the frunk and trunk so I opened them up to show the space. They asked jokingly if they could have a ride but instead I invited them to sit in the car. They were very excited and took pictures of themselves. They had no interest in the Chevy.

Both the Camaro and Cayman have 6 cylinders (3.6L vs. 2.7L) and RWD, but one car is a monstrous heavyweight at 3750 lbs and the other a svelte 2888 lbs.

(It was a rainy and dreary day this morning, and I still have my winter tyres on though I did not drive it in the winter.)

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
"Monstrously heavy" is a relative thing. I went to a Rennsport track day yesterday with a friend of mine. Rather than bring his 911 Turbo, he brought one of his other cars....He tracked it with the rest of us and at the end of the day, one of the pro drivers who was hanging out at the track asked if he could take the car out for a couple of laps. He was impressed!

This is my mate's Silver Wraith waiting for it's next sortie on the track.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Rolls-royce

#6 ·
I saw this red Chevrolet Camaro RS on the outskirts of the mall parking lot close to where I was parked and thought I would drive up beside it and take some photos. While I was taking photos, three enthusiastic teen boys walked by and asked me about the car. They were also interested in the frunk and trunk so I opened them up to show the space. They asked jokingly if they could have a ride but instead I invited them to sit in the car. They were very excited and took pictures of themselves. They had no interest in the Chevy.

Both the Camaro and Cayman have 6 cylinders (3.6L vs. 2.7L) and RWD, but one car is a monstrous heavyweight at 3750 lbs and the other a svelte 2888 lbs.

(It was a rainy and dreary day this morning, and I still have my winter tyres on though I did not drive it in the winter.)

168/5000

GREETINGS, THAT BEAUTIFUL IMAGES THAT WE ADMIRATE THE FANS OF THE CAMAROS AND FOR ME THE CAYMAN IS THE BEST OF ALL AND IS NOT BECAUSE I HAVE ONE OF THEM BUT IT REALLY IS.

#8 ·
Caymans and Corvettes seem to go together. Mine are black and grey though (plus some old blue car thrown in to add some color).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.