Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this afternoon and saw a red car similar to mine. I had to park next to it and take a few photos. There are a few notable differences and also similarities. Enjoy! ;)

Attachments

Reactions: Cayman Ed

·
Registered
2016 Porsche Cayman
735 Posts
Makes the 981 Cayman exotic-looking as there is some front resemblance to the Ferrari 360. We need an aftermarket clear engine bay cover for the 981 Cayman!
Nice photos.

·
Premium Member
5,931 Posts
There are two "kit car" Modenas in my home town. (My home town is not very big. It has a population of about 80,000 people.) How do I know that these Modenas are "kit cars"? They are both smaller than my Cayman and they both look like junk . . . but the owners seem pleased with themselves.

What would be the base car for a kit car Modena???

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
There are two "kit car" Modenas in my home town. (My home town is not very big. It has a population of about 80,000 people.) How do I know that these Modenas are "kit cars"? They are both smaller than my Cayman and they both look like junk . . . but the owners seem pleased with themselves.

I googled kit cars and good heaven's it's quite an industry. Here's a fella that will build you a "Modena" on a "tube chassis" with a choice of various engines. Don't seem to be able to get a Civic 4 with a fart can, which would be appropriate.

Ferrari 360 Modena | FOOSE Cars Cars | FOOSE Cars Catalog | FOOSE Cars Engine

·
Registered
728 Posts
I googled kit cars and good heaven's it's quite an industry. Here's a fella that will build you a "Modena" on a "tube chassis" with a choice of various engines. Don't seem to be able to get a Civic 4 with a fart can, which would be appropriate.

Ferrari 360 Modena | FOOSE Cars Cars | FOOSE Cars Catalog | FOOSE Cars Engine
Forget the Modena, how about the Carrera GT for only $20k! :hilarious:

Porsche Carrera GT | FOOSE Cars Cars | FOOSE Cars Catalog | FOOSE Cars Engine

·
Registered
2,022 Posts

Many times the F360 and 430 kit cars are built using a Toyota Celica donor chassis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.