Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Curious for your feedback on this. I was futzing around with the Configurator and came up with what I think is a killer interior combo using the Two-Tone leather option. Frankly, it didn't really pop until I got all the traditional chrome trim covered and then it was, like, wow.

Here's a screen shot from the configurator.
Two Tone Boxster S Cockpit.jpg

The one dilemma is that I can't figure out how to get the last bit of chrome trim from under the door handles to be covered. I've tried every possible option I can, but nothing seems to work. It makes me think it could be a bug in the configurator (I remember somebody else said they had uncovered one). FYI, I did find that if you choose the standard interior (not the full leather) then those strips under the door are covered in the interior color.

Any suggestions and any feedback appreciated.

Bob

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
I've tried that two-tone combo with the Walnut trim and those colored instruments and I thought that really popped too when you add the walnut multifunction steering wheel.

How did you get the center console to have the dark leather trim but then the std-chrome parts to be the beige leather? Is there an option to specify the console color leather on the configurator? I'm sure you can order it that way with Z-Options but I didn't know the configurator allowed that.

Oh well. Another reason to go play with the configurator some more.

Never mind. I just figured out what you did. You chose leather option on the center console and that was done automatically in the deviated color. I knew that; just forgot about it.

To answer your original question, I like the look. I think it would depend, for me, on the exterior color for sure though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I built it with Guards Red, but found it worked pretty well with several other colors (and, of course, a black top).

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I'm not a big fan of the beige gauges. I never even remotely considered them. There's no option to change the silver under the door pulls or the vent surrounds. I believe BJR got the pulls done in carbon fibre though. For the vent surrounds, I'm curious as to whether it would be difficult to disassemble them and paint them black.

Are you looking to get a GTS or something else? With the GTS you can get the black aluminum trim to bring the black down rather than bringing the beige up with the leather trim. For the other models, the only option for that is the carbon fibre.

·
Registered
355 Posts
This is my current thinking for my interior.

Black/Luxor w/ painted interior.

I'm also thinking about Espresso/Cognac. They have the sample, though it's not shown on the configurator. I saw a dark blue Cayenne with Espresso/Cognac and it was amazing. No idea of the cost.

sm2Tone Interior build.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I hadn't really thought about the beige gauges either, but I tried them on a whim and they just worked. FYI, I did build a GTS config with the black aluminum and red dials and I like it as well. That one has the the same issue with the chrome under the door handles. Like I said, the odd thing is if you don't go for leather but for a standard config, that silver isn't there. Here's one I built with walnut and you can see what I mean.
image.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good, but you might want to try the center console in leather (black). I think it completes the look.

BTW, is that blue trim or just the chrome looking blue? Hadn't seen that. Also, how did you get rid of the chrome under the door handles? Been trying to figure that out.

Bob

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
That's dark blue paint, the exterior matching color on the trim.
I wouldn't go with anything but Agate/Amber with the DBM. Especially with the painted interior trim. It's a really sharp combination!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Here is one from my local dealer, looks pretty good with two tone beige.

8211174213.jpg 8211174500.jpg

Link for those interested.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I wouldn't go with anything but Agate/Amber with the DBM. Especially with the painted interior trim. It's a really sharp combination!
It is the interior paint package. I guess it's an older build I had saved; I think you have to get the leather trim now.

I wouldn't get amber with anything. To me, it looks really orange and that's just not to my taste. Agate leather is a possibility. The Espresso/Cognac is pretty amazing, though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I agree that Espresso/Cognac would be amazing. As far as cost, Espresso up front, of course, but then deviating components as desired for individual charges, like seat inlays (middle portion and headrest only) for $550, center door panel for $470, lower dash for $90 (I think) etc. But then each of the deviating stitching parts would be another upcharge. I would think it would easily surpass 2K and more likely reach 3K for all the deviating leather and stitching -- total perhaps 7K (less for GTS.) That's the beauty of the factory bicolor choice at a low, low price of just $2950 -- or $430 for the GTS; they throw the deviating stitching in for "free."

I'm also thinking about Espresso/Cognac. They have the sample, though it's not shown on the configurator. I saw a dark blue Cayenne with Espresso/Cognac and it was amazing. No idea of the cost.
One other note on Espresso/Cognac versus Black/Luxor: The seat belts are black. The windshield frame and top lining are black. With Espresso/Cognac you will live with that minor/slight dissonance. With Black/Luxor the black portions fit right in -- or you could spec Luxor Beige belts, which would also fit in nicely. Admittedly a small detail, but a thought nonetheless...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts