Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hard to believe, but I've had my Cayman for two years now. For my one year report, see this thread:

http://www.planet-9.com/u-s-northeast-noreasters-region/27856-one-year-ownership-story-pictures.html

The odometer sits at 16,800 miles, not bad for a car that gets used once a week at most. Using the experience gained during my first year of Cayman event planning, I had hoped to create another year of memorable events for us in 2009.

I think we succeeded beyond all expectations in continuing to build up a great group of friends in our little corner of the swamp. Thank you all for continuing to make my ownership experience so much more than I ever could imagine.

Onto the my summary!

The year started with some snowy scouting runs into the Poconos looking for new driving routes for the group:

Those of us without winter tires for the Cayman had to make due with alternate cars.

Here's our friend Nick_USA or Nick_UK now at the EPL dyno day in early December

Croc'ed getting his car dyno'ed when it was still sorta stock... ;)

How about our first Holiday Party? Only three cars showed up for our drive to the restaurant.

However, more people showed up at the restaurant!

In the middle on January, we had a small meet when Retired-Teach had some additional clear bra work done on his car.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nothing to do in the middle of winter except for maintenance! Here we are in diverdog's garage taking care of business:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fortunately (or unfortunately) for me, I suddenly found myself with a lot of free time in February to attend events for the next four months! ;)

The spring of 2009 was very busy thanks to the upgraded Cayman being released. We had a great time working with our sponsoring dealers, Huntington Porsche and Ray Catena Porsche to get folks out to the intro events.

Here we are at Huntington Porsche in March:

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The end of March arrives and it's time to restart our road trips. First up, a rally to the Fairfield County Motorsports open house!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
April means the start of track season so off to Lime Rock we go!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The end of April has us gathering for a long road trip to Hershey, PA for the annual Porsche swap meet.

And we met some of the mid-Atlantic folks for the first time.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A rare photograph of PistolPete... ;)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
May arrives and we have a road trip up to central Connecticut for the F40 Motorsports open house. We make quite a scene arriving to the
event as a large group.

The man himself, Wayne Carini:

And as usual, we ended up over running the parking lot of a local restaurant.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tired yet? Boy, we did have a lot of events. I'm a dangereous person when I have too much free time!

The usual suspects head out to the North Fork of Long Island for some fun at Pindar winery for a concours.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We're still in the month of May. Off we go to the Monticello Motor Club!

croc'ed and Gator Bite

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup, still in May, here's my favorite photo from the Metro PCA Concours

The latest custom color from Porsche, Porta Potty Blue!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We've reached the halfway mark of the year. Little did I know that the biggest and best events were yet to come!

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
June arrives and we arrive in Lake Placid for our first Nor'Easter weekend event.

Yes, I finshed this entire steak!

·
Enjoying the drive.
1,265 Posts
Very cool Pete. Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
724 Posts
Excellent Pete. Great review of the first half of the year. Wish we could do it all over again. Oh wait, we can next year.;)
I hope we can outdo ourselves next year. Maybe this time it will include a Tail of the Dragon run.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Fourth of July? Time for another trip to the track, this time Pocono Raceway

1 - 20 of 32 Posts