Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always liked the look of the big bum (sorry wide bodied Carrera S) with the 19"x11" wheels. I have a Cayman S with the Carrera Sport 19"x10" rear alloys. It currently has the standard fit 265 section tyres. Does anyone know if you can fit a 295 section Porsche approved tyre at the rear on the Cayman without any handling or space issues with the bodywork and/or rear suspension. Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Hi A Jay,
Welcome aboard. You will find much info on this and other subjects by using the Search function on this site. Short answer: 11" wide rear wheels are the limit on Caymans and 987 Boxsters. I have 19 x 11 x ET40 on mine, with 295 tires, and it is a perfect fit. Have a search and have fun.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I have always liked the look of the big bum (sorry wide bodied Carrera S) with the 19"x11" wheels. I have a Cayman S with the Carrera Sport 19"x10" rear alloys. It currently has the standard fit 265 section tyres. Does anyone know if you can fit a 295 section Porsche approved tyre at the rear on the Cayman without any handling or space issues with the bodywork and/or rear suspension. Has anyone tried this?
This has also been covered in other threads but you should know that you need to also increase front tire size or your handling will change for the worse. More understeer! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys - very helpful. I will have a search on the other threads - I have just joined and can see that I need to do a lot of exploring. Thanks once again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts