Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
The big problem with Admiral (and there other brands - Elephant, Diamond) is that they don't recognize factory options as standard. When I listed the PASM, SC, PSE and rear wiper!! they doubled my premium......

Not sure how this would play out in event of claim but thought you might not know. It's a shame as they have always been the cheapest for me and I was with them for 10 years up until my Porsche :(
Fortunately (or unfortunately :() I don't have those options. Sounds like performance related options are most likely to drive up the premium. My options: Metallic paint, 19' SportDesign's, Climate Control, PCM, Park Assist, plus some comestics (luckily) didn't have a major impact on the premuim.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i tried loads of places and all the usual search engines and nothing below £1k
i then tried direct line who i am now with
porsche cayman s
value £35k
6 years no claims
3 points (sp30)
tracker
8k miles a year
garaged
quite a rough area of nottingham
25 years old
only £557 (£500 excess)
think thats amazing saying im only 25
payed £1800 on my evo, subaru £1200 on my 911 and pretty much everything ive owned has been over £1k apart from my last car a 335d that was £530

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cayman 2.9 - new - £43,000
50 years old
Self & spouse
Both IT Consultants (sounds dull eh?)
Rural Shropshire (nothing ever, ever happens)
1 x SP30
Garaged
Commuting & pleasure, 9000 miles a year
Million years NCB
Protected NCB

£434 Direct Line.

Expected better to be honest, but this is the best so far. Tesco were £488 I think.

Tried Saga (was recently 50) but they didn't like the sound of my young wife :hilarious:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have now sorted out my insurance for my new Cayman 2.9 PDK and had a large spectrum of quotes from between £595 with £450 excess with Admiral to almost £4000 with some of the aggregators and the excess was significantly higher than the actual premium.

The best quote I have received was from Nowell & Richards. Firstly, I can say that for service these guys were very good, and because they are a very bespoke product they take more into account. I spoke to a chap named Adam Barfoot.

My details

30 years old
Insuring myself, Wife, brother in law and the "old" man!
Driving 5k a year
Garaged and behind secure gates
2 of us have convictions, one SP30 and the other a MW10 (still don't know what this is, its not mine!).
Used for pleasure only
9 years NCB
Protected

Premium of £722

I am really happy with this. I also checked their terms and conditions and they will allow me to take the car to a dealer of my choice.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Im 26,
Car value £35k - 2007 CS
loads of extras but 19" Sport Designs only extra affecting insurance
Kept on my drive in Stoke On Trent
Self Employed
Zero no claims
Insured with Citi Insurance for £2200 per annum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2006 Cayman S
GT Silver
19" Carrea Wheels
BOSE
PASM
Leather option
Rear wiper (I kid you not this really is also an 'extra' with some companies)

Fully comp
Age 42
Spouse incl in policy
Garaged
Suffolk area
Protected max no claims
Legal et al
SDP

£380 from Adelaide Insurance Services (via Institute of Advanced Motorists)

I love this car, it just gets more beautiful each day!:cheers:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, Just had my insurance renewal from More Than, £840, with£750 excess, so shopped around and have renewed with Aviva, £383 with £350 excess and courtesy car and legal cover, protected no claims.
My details are,
2.7 Cayman 2007,
8000 miles per year,
Garaged over night,
48 years young
More years no claim than I care to mention ,but you only need 5 or more,
No convictions (more luck than anything )
Wife on policy, more convictions than she cares to mention :crazy:
Occupation, Medical Engineer.
Location, Sheffield, reasonable area.
Hope this might be of help to anybody in similar position.
:cheers: :banana:

·
Registered
12 Posts
2006 CS
38 yr old
6 yr NCD (lost 2 yrs when a *?&ing and *&£$* **!*&*ing chav stole my Audi 3.0 Quattro and gave it a £4k test drive)
One claim - see above !
NCD protection
Guaranteed Hire Car
£506 with Direct Line. £'00s cheaper than anyone else I tried.

It is conditional on the good old tracker though. But with a tracker at least the Police would locate the car ... before forcing the nice young man driving my pride and joy to try and reach 174 mph ... and then bring it to a controlled stop by ramming it between a Police X5 and Volvo estate ...:helpme:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Car: 2007 Cayman 2.7, £29k value, limited to 5000 miles, kept on drive. Includes cover for 6 trackdays. Protected no claims. No tracker required.

Me: 38yo, IT bod, no claims/convictions, something like 9y ncd.

Renewal has come in at £566 with Henderson Taylor.
That is a pretty amazing quote, considering no tracker required AND includes track day cover. :cheers:

Neil

·
Registered
370 Posts
That is a pretty amazing quote, considering no tracker required AND includes track day cover. :cheers:

Neil
Yup, rang a couple of others and they couldn't touch it. It's the guys I was with with the Elise (it's a tailored Elise policy), they just carried it on to the Cayman. Then were happy to renew on the same terms. Works for me and saved me a lot of hassle ringing around.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Hi. Here's something different. Just insured my CS for £17.50 for 10 months cover! The longer story is that I had a 2009 M3 which cost £1450 to insure with Elephant. I reside in the ghetto (Inner London), park on street, have 3 points, and max NCB, and am getting close to the Saga demographic. Elephant coughed up £43k when I wrote the car off a month ago, which was fair, then agreed to reinstate the policy and cover my new car for a nominal charge. Cool eh! I did get quotes for the Porsche as I was expecting to have to start a new policy, best one was Porsche insurance at £1300, but I couldn't protect the NCB because of my claim.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My wife and I have retired so perhaps are a better risk and do not need track cover but with similar circumstances to you pay about one third of that through Porsche insurance.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sex : Male
Car : Cayman S with full exterior techart conversion
Fully Comp
6k per year
£1,250.

Very happy with the price for my age, This is on a multi car policy too my other car is only £400 extra :)

:banana:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Cayman S, Male 41 and wife on policy, garaged, 3000 miles (i think) , as many track days as i like in UK or Europe as long as they are ATDO approved. £500. 0 no claims on the policy as its on my other car insured with someone else.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cayman S, Male 41 and wife on policy, garaged, 3000 miles (i think) , as many track days as i like in UK or Europe as long as they are ATDO approved. £500. 0 no claims on the policy as its on my other car insured with someone else.
Hi EB-CS, that sounds like a good quote, the Trackday cover that's included really sweetens up the deal.

My insurance is up for renewal towards the end of the year, may I be so bold as to ask you who the insurance company is? When the time comes I may well give them a call.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi

No problem, its with Manning UK, they seem ok, although all insurance is great if you don't need to use them i guess. but never had an issue with the cover or track day policy section. The track day cover was the main reason i went with them, it allows me to go to SPA with Gold Track and any other ATDO track day in Europe. I think "Lotus on Track" are ATDO so that also opens up a great deal of other tracks like Zolder and Zandvoort...

·
Registered
225 Posts
Renewed in October
2009 Cayman S
No tracker
45 years old
9 Years NCB
4000 miles per year
Garaged
£195 compulsory excess
£0 voluntary excess

Hastings Direct - £282.72 comprehensive with protected NCB (just the insurance no extras)

I've been with Hastings for years...:)

81 - 100 of 112 Posts