Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

I have a 2013 model cayman s with pdk its the 3.4l and what a car it is absolutely love it.

But now i have an issue I've noticed on the side air intakes that leaves have built up and notice the odd cigeratte butt in there after cleaing it all out it has melted some of the plastic in there.

So now my issue is there a side that is more susceptible to the engine catching fire or something than the other side. Mine is a uk version so thsts right drive lol and is one side intake more susceptible can i use a different vent on there.

Ive notice the top part of the vent doesnt have a fan when the lower part of the vent has a fan. This is replicated on each side.

Any information on these vents and the fans would be great

Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone know anything on this. Do the vents do the same thing or is one to cool the radiator and the other the engine.

Sorry im not very mechanical when it comes to cars.

Any of ur help is much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Unless UK cars are way different from US cars, the intakes on each side feed separate intake paths to separate air filters. They feed the engine the air it needs for combustion. Not sure what you mean on the melting unless a lit cigarette landed in there, but just clean them out pretty good and they should be fine. You have to remove both air filters to clean them thoroughly, which takes some effort since it's mid engined. You have to remove the carpet behind the oil fill tube and coolant fill tube, the corner carpet pieces, the ECU bolts (not the whole ECU, just loosen it and move out of the way), and the air filters, which are secured by Torx screws. I seriously doubt there's much of a fire risk unless there is a ton of stuff in there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.