Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i got them today and after an hour and a half they were in! Easy to install and great quality pedals, i am very pleased with them. Since there havent been any photos of pedals with 'knobs' on them I thought I would post mine.

They really feel different than the stock pedals.....a good different. I cant wait to drive around tomorrow with them on! If anyone else has pictures or hints with the install, please feel free to post in this thread.....

almost forgot....i used the instructions and this article to get it all done, although my method was slightly less complicated.

http://www.caymanclub.net/reviews/showproduct.php?product=17&cat=3

Edited by - RedRocket on 04/21/2006 6:05:47 PM

·
Former Member
1,685 Posts
RedRocket - Looking good. I know exactly how you feel when ya open the Croc’s door to step in, what an improvement. I like the nubs too.

zornet

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
RedRocket,

They are looking great! Thanks for posting the pics so soon. I got the inserts as well. I guess mine should have been shipped out today. Your's look so GOOD!!

I see you got the black mats, I did exactly the same!

Russ

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Russ!.....you'll have fun with the inserts. They aren't that hard to put in but my finger tips felt like i had rubbed sandpaper on them afterwards. Dont forget to put your inserts inbefore you install the pedals...it didnt really say anything in the directions about it....probably just common sense, but i almost did it after the install....opps....haha...all that excitement about a new accessory....you know.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Cannot see the benefit myself,they spoil the look of the interior,they will be diffiult to clean and they increase the cars weight. So have I missed the point on the purpose of them?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cannot see the benefit myself,they spoil the look of the interior,they will be diffiult to clean and they increase the cars weight. So have I missed the point on the purpose of them?

I know for sure that my car,......when I get it ,...... will never look that clean. I dont know how all you guys are able to keep your cars in such immaculate condition.

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Roger, if they came in black I might have ordered. The advantage is to the track drivers not day to day drivers unless you are just showing off.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
are you kidding?.....these pedals weigh less than 2lbs....what the heck are you talking about!? I dont think the pedals are really going to affect me in the quarter mile. if two pounds makes a difference every racer would look like a jockey! difficult to clean?.....uhhhh...no. in fact they are easier than the oem's when the rubber gets all messed up after 50,000 miles. i guess you are entitled to your own opinion in terms of how they look....i think they compliment the interior quite nicely....sports elegance. for me the purpose was a more polished interior look and better grip on and off track.....

Booster......my car stays clean cause....i guess thats important to me. its more fun to drive when it looks good...inside and out. i aspire to be like Russ....you can eat your dinner off his garage floor!

cheers all..../fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/beer2.gif

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
RR how did they feel to you today when you drove? Did the rubber inserts work well?
i think they added about 21 HP! it was incredible! my butt dyno, which is so accurate that i am frequently asked to car shows to dyno exotic imports, could definitely detect the added hp. for that matter..i think torque went up and the handling increased as well! so much for the theory of added weight!

.......ok.....now that i got that off my chest......they felt different...i like um. but mostly i like the way they look...guess i got a little bit of show off in me..../fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/wink_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Red, that was great! LOL

Now take a deep breath and calm down. LOL
im just messing with frosty.....at least he has good taste in exterior color..../fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/taunt.gif

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Just received my pedals last evening. After a thorough inspection I installed them in the box that also contains my clear side markers and Lloyd's mats. Can't wait for my P21S kit to come in so I can get busy practicing washing and waxing. May delivery.....pleeease!!

Swamp

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
Just got my pedals today - no nubs. Wondering if I should have gotten them. Box was so light I thought it was empty!
Now I have to do the Zaino, wheelwax, pedal instal, and take my wife to lunch in the Cayman on my first weekend off in a long time! And go shopping for a car jack, pressure gauge, what else?

==RedEye

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr noshade="" id="quote" height="1" /> RR how did they feel to you today when you drove? Did the rubber inserts work well? <hr noshade="" id="quote" height="1" /></blockquote>

i think they added about 21 HP! it was incredible! my butt dyno, which is so accurate that i am frequently asked to car shows to dyno exotic imports, could definitely detect the added hp. for that matter..i think torque went up and the handling increased as well! so much for the theory of added weight!

.......ok.....now that i got that off my chest......they felt different...i like um. but mostly i like the way they look...guess i got a little bit of show off in me..../fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/wink_smile.gif
Too funny!

==RedEye

·
Registered
175 Posts
Swampcroc is gonna be in a twelve-step Cayman program sooner than later. Poor guy. He's so strung out on CROC that he's already collecting parts for a car that he does not yet own! That is illness, brothers. I of course know nothing of his wretched disease (hee-hee... truth is, I just found out there's five guys in front of me looking for a full Techart bodykit, and it's gonna take 5 weeks to get one. Ugh. Maybe I should have ordered parts before the car arrived....

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
http://www.caymanclub.net/UserFiles/DSC08529.JPG

My pedals arrived while I was out of town so I finally got a chance to install them.

First a little custom work on the gas pedal:

An engraved 'S' ala the S in Cayman S which I decided to paint Speed Yellow using some of my extra SY touchup paint. Since this is recessed it 'should' be ok, but I might clear coat just the S for added protection.

Here are the pedals installed:

The angle of the camera and the pedal itself makes the brake pedal look a little crooked in the photo, but it is straight in real life. Hmmmm looks like that footrest pedal has something going on too, can't say what it is just yet but stay tuned!

1 - 20 of 109 Posts