Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I had a drain hose get plugged and the floor of the passenger compartment on the passenger side got soaked. Also, along the way, my audio system stopped working. It still tunes and so on, and it still shows my map and the nav system works, but I have no audio, and the audio was "muffled and wrong" just before it failed.

I'm assuming it's likely that the water damaged one of those boxes of electronics under the passenger seat. Can someone point me at info on what those units are? I'd like to see if I can fix it myself without having to add a bunch of money to some shop's bottom line.

Thanks very much!
Kip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I see info online saying that the electronics for the alarm and the windows are under the passenger seat. My windows work fine, and I've noticed no alarm-related symptoms when locking and unlocking my car. The car seems to operate 100% fine in ever way - just no sound coming from my speakers.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Your amplifier is now trash. That's what lives under that seat, and they don't do well with flooding. Most economical fix is a used one. And pray the wiring connector that goes to the car's harness isn't too badly damaged.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Depending on how much water you got under there, you may want to do a check on a couple of other systems. All of the controllers/memory for the right seat live under there as does the weight recognition control unit (which I believe is the controller for the sensor that tells the system that someone is sitting in the passenger seat).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Are you sure it isn't the heater core leaking? I'm not exactly sure where it is in your model, but it could very well be above or around your head unit, which would explain why your stereo is dead, but everything else is working.

Heater core/hoses are one of the first thing you look for when troubleshooting a wet floor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts