Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am slowly getting my car ready for trade-in (most likely to Gen 2). I will lurk and strike when the perfect car appears. So last night I decided to remove the SRP. I will tell you, installing OEM parts was much tougher than installing SRP in the first place.

I reflashed the car back to stock in no time though. I really like how Softronic allows that.

Considering how easy that is, I will flash it with Softronic standard program for now. Especially as still have catless headers and sooner or later I am sure to get a CEL.

·
Premium Member
540 Posts
I did the same thing 2 weeks ago prior to selling my Boxster S, I had a bitch of a time getting all the intake couplings to fit into place. I also didn't install the wire connector to the OEM throttle body correctly ( not pushed in far enough). This caused some head scratching, the car would not stay running and I got a CEL, took me a few minutes to figure it out. I would say it took me about 4 hours to reinstall the OEM parts, about twice as long as the SRP install.

I agree, the flash back to stock was painless and no issues with the car after the re-flash.

·
Vendor
1,025 Posts
I would have to agree in that the stock parts are harder to reinstall than the SRP was to install. The new DFI kit is the same.

Best,
Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.