Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 987 windows are really acting weird. The passenger window when operated to open half way, will go all the way down and come back up.

When unlocking the driver side door with the key fob, the D.S window goes all the way down and stays there until I raise it after getting in the car? Any ideas from fellow 987 owners?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
First thing to try is to reset the open/close position. It should be in the manual. I haven't seen this particular issue but it commonly needs to be reset after disconnecting the battery.

From memory, with the ignition on, push and hold the up button (one window only) until it goes all the way up. Continue holding it for 5-10 seconds. Then do the same going down. You might have to do it a few times. Then test the functionality. If it is OK, do the same to the other window.

Another thought...how is the battery? Odd electrical issues often are sign of a failing battery.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First thing to try is to reset the open/close position. It should be in the manual. I haven't seen this particular issue but it commonly needs to be reset after disconnecting the battery.

From memory, with the ignition on, push and hold the up button (one window only) until it goes all the way up. Continue holding it for 5-10 seconds. Then do the same going down. You might have to do it a few times. Then test the functionality. If it is OK, do the same to the other window.

Another thought...how is the battery? Odd electrical issues often are sign of a failing battery.
Thanks for chiming in. I will give that a shot but I think I maybe dealing with something more. I will post after I try the reset. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts