Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a small plastic part on the driver's side floor mat and cannot identify it. Looks like some sort of a pull-tab, but I don't see any obvious place where it might have been inserted. The pen in the photograph, below, is just to provide a sense of the part's size.

It's possible it's not a Porsche part (I've Recaro seats and Schroth harnesses), but it looks like one. Can anyone identify it for me?

With thanks...

Tool Cutting tool

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You didn't mention what car you have. I've had my drivers seat out of my 981 Cayman and this looks nothing like the parts I encountered. Is there any Porsche part numbers on it? If not, I doubt it's a Porsche part.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Looks like one of those seat belt plugs that will turn off the annoying chime when you don't want to buckle up....

Unless you are asking about that other thing in the picture...

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Looks like one of those seat belt plugs that will turn off the annoying chime when you don't want to buckle up....

Unless you are asking about that other thing in the picture...
Good call. I thought it looked like a seat belt bucket but since I never drive without it, I never thought about the use as a dummie. Although one would argue the person in the seat is the dummie when using that type of device. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good call. I thought it looked like a seat belt bucket but since I never drive without it, I never thought about the use as a dummie. Although one would argue the person in the seat is the dummie when using that type of device. :D
It was likely used when the person may have been using harnesses for track days or autocross. You stuff it in the seatbelt latch so that its not screaming at you to buckle up and you dont have to use the actual belt to do that. Then you can use harnesses without listening to the buzzer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Snips: I think you've figured it out. Thanks!

@JSykes: Good call. And now that I know what it's for, I'll appreciate having it when I'm using the harness on track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.