Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was putting away some paperwork for the Porsche last week and came across one of the trade in offers one of the local dealers had given me when I first wanted to sell my car. It was dated 7 months ago and the mileage showed 7100 miles. I went out to the garage and looked at the speedometer and it now showed 7900 miles. As much as I love my wife and her support in keeping my Boxster I realized that it wasn't fair to anyone to keep it any longer. So last Thursday it went to its new home at Sewell Cadillac of Dallas and I drove back to Houston in a Cadillac, yes you read that right, Cadillac CTS V Sport Premium. I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to be a part of a great community and to be able to contribute and learn from it. My Boxster was my first Porsche but it will definitely not be my last. So until we all meet again.

All the paints are spoken for. Also I have a bottle of Porsche aqua blue metallic touch up paint, a bottle of black paint, and a bottle of clear. They are free to whoever claims them first. Shipping on me. All the paints are spoken for.

I'm also selling my Agency power exhaust with 4,000 miles of use on it for $600.00. I am looking to sell it locally in the Houston TX area because shipping would be pricey.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The American S55 AMG.

Reactions: BlackBehr

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,088 Posts
100 miles a month is definitely sayonara time. I'm down to 200 miles a month on my Cayman, so not there yet, but can see it coming.
I put 500 miles on my 981 last weekend....and I had no where to go. lol

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
Of course you did. These are sports cars. Cars that are supposed to be fun to drive. This reminds me of how absurd the contemporary Porsche lease plans are. 5000 miles per year, are you kidding?

·
Premium Member
5,867 Posts
Of course you did. These are sports cars. Cars that are supposed to be fun to drive. This reminds me of how absurd the contemporary Porsche lease plans are. 5000 miles per year, are you kidding?
I just got a message on my car that it is time for the next service in "26 Days or 14,000 miles" (can't remember the exact mileage figures) so I am one of those people who does not make 5000 miles per year. My car is not a garage queen. I use it. I take it to the hardware store and the grocery store. I drive it to the lake. I use it for vacations in the mountains. Lately I have been driving it in the rain. :helpme: However, I use my wife's SUV for carrying big stuff and I have two motorcycles. Consequently I don't put many miles on any of my vehicles. I'm still going to keep my Cayman . . . even if I don't put a lot of miles on it. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
755 Posts
I'm one of those guys who loves driving a fine sports car. It's not like these are Italian cars that require service every weekend if you drive them. These are well engineered German cars and they're intended to be driven every day. In fact some people believe that they run better when you do drive them every day.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I have to agree with you, these cars are meant to be driven. I also use my car every day but still only manage about 7K a year. I find it sad to see it sitting in the garage and really can't understand why anyone would do that. I put winter tires and take the car out whenever I need to drive somewhere and see no harm in that. Winter is not the enemy.

100 miles a month is definitely sayonara time. I'm down to 200 miles a month on my Cayman, so not there yet, but can see it coming.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to agree with you, these cars are meant to be driven. I also use my car every day but still only manage about 7K a year. I find it sad to see it sitting in the garage and really can't understand why anyone would do that. I put winter tires and take the car out whenever I need to drive somewhere and see no harm in that. Winter is not the enemy.
Yeah. The plan was to keep it after our daughter was born but it was almost impossible to use it for descent length trips. Everything is nearby where I live so all my trips averaged one to two miles. With the new car everyone goes everywhere so it works out a lot better. Unfortunately, it was bad timing for me. I purchased the Boxster and then we got pregnant by surprise a couple months later. Ultimately the inclusion of my wife and daughter in road trips is more important than the Porsche. I'll buy another one in 17 years when the kiddo goes away to college.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
congrats on the baby. believe me the opportunity will come.

i have had my car since December - 1,600 miles total.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks RJ. She is the most amazing thing our lives. Love your car line up. Especially the wagon.

On a side note the black and clear coat have been spoken for so the aqua blue metallic touch up and the exhaust are still available. Touch up paint is free including shipping.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
I'll buy another one in 17 years when the kiddo goes away to college.
This can lead to a new thread: "What changes are coming for the 2032 Boxster?"

Reactions: BlackBehr

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I was putting away some paperwork for the Porsche last week and came across one of the trade in offers one of the local dealers had given me when I first wanted to sell my car. It was dated 7 months ago and the mileage showed 7100 miles. I went out to the garage and looked at the speedometer and it now showed 7900 miles. As much as I love my wife and her support in keeping my Boxster I realized that it wasn't fair to anyone to keep it any longer. So last Thursday it went to its new home at Sewell Cadillac of Dallas and I drove back to Houston in a Cadillac, yes you read that right, Cadillac CTS V Sport Premium. I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to be a part of a great community and to be able to contribute and learn from it. My Boxster was my first Porsche but it will definitely not be my last. So until we all meet again.

Also I have a bottle of Porsche aqua blue metallic touch up paint, a bottle of black paint, and a bottle of clear. They are free to whoever claims them first. Shipping on me.

I'm also selling my Agency power exhaust with 4,000 miles of use on it for $600.00. I am looking to sell it locally in the Houston TX area because shipping would be pricey.
I'll take your touch up paint if no one claimed them yet. Sorry to see you go, a two seat roadster is hard to justify when you have a family. Although I would probably get a cheap used SUV and keep the Boxster. The Caddy isn't a bad family car, enjoy it in good health. You'll see you back again I am sure.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This can lead to a new thread: "What changes are coming for the 2032 Boxster?"
You can always count on Stan to make you smile. All the freebies have been spoken for. Will post the exhaust in the classifieds and on eBay. See you all in 2032. :)

·
Registered
358 Posts
I put 500 miles on my 981 last weekend....and I had no where to go. lol
May work for someone who is single... Once the weekend comes, I can't tell my wife that I'd rather spend the time with my car, and disappear... She already calls it my bimbo - looks pretty, but useless.

Even if I could spend my leisure time driving, doing it in the weekend traffic that we have here isn't much fun. I did a few nice drives at dawn, but I've been there done that at this point, and don't feel the urge to keep doing it.

In terms of regular driving - it's just not the best tool for that in most cases, hence 200 miles a month. I still really like it for what it does well, but the opportunities to enjoy it where it truly shines are rare.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Yeah. The plan was to keep it after our daughter was born but it was almost impossible to use it for descent length trips. Everything is nearby where I live so all my trips averaged one to two miles. With the new car everyone goes everywhere so it works out a lot better. Unfortunately, it was bad timing for me. I purchased the Boxster and then we got pregnant by surprise a couple months later. Ultimately the inclusion of my wife and daughter in road trips is more important than the Porsche. I'll buy another one in 17 years when the kiddo goes away to college.
I couldn't afford or justify my first Porsche until our kids were done with college so it was a long wait for me. I'm on my second Cayman now and it's my DD. I put an average of 1000 miles a month on it and enjoy every mile.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Whew, I was worried but I average about 255 miles per month so I should be safe. But in reality, since I'm retired I don't really have to worry about the issues the OP has. But I also know there are times, a few, where I miss the pure brute force of the corvette. But then I go for a drive and the smile comes back.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts