Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the 991.2 PCM with apple car play will be able to be retrofitted to the 2016 Boxster/Cayman models?

Any idea from past updates?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Chow says yes... for $5k. :hilarious:

I'm hoping it'll just be a software upgrade. I'd pay 2 or 3 hundred bucks just to have google maps with its search function over what we get now.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$5k... on a 1 month old car hmm...

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Chow says yes... for $5k. :hilarious:

I'm hoping it'll just be a software upgrade. I'd pay 2 or 3 hundred bucks just to have google maps with its search function over what we get now.
$200 or $300? That's not going to happen. No way.

·
Registered
751 Posts
New PCM supports ten finger input, the current one seems to barely support one. Pinch zoom will be used, so a software only update is not possible.

·
Registered
734 Posts
New PCM supports ten finger input, the current one seems to barely support one. Pinch zoom will be used, so a software only update is not possible.
so Chow was right. Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade to a 911.

·
Super Moderator
13,989 Posts
so Chow was right. Looks like I'm gonna have to upgrade to a 911.
ROFL

IF, and ONLY IF, PCM V4 fits in the same physical space as the current PCM, then surely they can just switch them. PCM is not cheap, like $4K plus install.

As sub said, just no way are they going to give you just some features. There isn't a retrofit kit for the camera nm anything else and the camera has been out for two years now.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
This was part of the reason I went with Base CDR on my Spyder order. I have a hard time paying for a PCM based config that will be obsolete a few months after I get the car.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Rumor has it that some models, in certain parts of the world, will have PCM4 starting with January 1st, 2016 builds.

Since Porsche is about as forthcoming as Apple on future releases...."we'll see."

·
Registered
371 Posts
If its anything like the current upgrade to PCM. It will only work if you already have sound system plus installed. The sound system plus is standard on the Cayman S /Boxster S in the USA.
----
Not compatible with the base model sound package. Only for cars with Sound Package Plus 490, BOSE 680, or Burmester systems 682.
Suncoast Porsche Parts & Accessories PCM 3.1 With Navigation

·
Registered
120 Posts
Rumor has it that some models, in certain parts of the world, will have PCM4 starting with January 1st, 2016 builds.

Since Porsche is about as forthcoming as Apple on future releases...."we'll see."
Wait, so cars built in early to mid 2016 with PCM will come with the latest version (e.g. with google maps, multi-touch etc)? Really?

My build is scheduled for Feb/March 2016 with a June delivery date for a Boxster GTS with Bose + reversing camera. So, there is a chance I will get the updated PCM?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts