Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Re: Upcoming Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 with Flat-Six Engine & PDK Testing @ Monza Circui

Frankly, from that video is a bit hard to be 100% sold on NA flat 6. I have no idea why it is being short-shifted all the time, but that makes it a lot harder to say what exactly is in there. One thing is sure - it doesn't sound anything like my 981 CS @7,600 rpm.

Reactions: blacksea

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: Upcoming Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 with Flat-Six Engine & PDK Testing @ Monza Circui

This is not the street legal GT4, it is the club sport.
And 99% not NA, but F6. Engine from the 991.2 S.

·
Registered
141 Posts

Sounds like the 991.2 to me too.

Remember, they were saying a turbo 6 just wouldn't fit? ;)

·
Registered
141 Posts

I’m curious about the moire patter manufactures cover their test cars with... Why do they use it? It doesn’t conceal the car shape all that well...
They used to say those patterns messed up autofocus algorithms, and made contours less apparent. See this, which I found while trying to check my memory is indeed factual: https://jalopnik.com/this-is-how-prototype-camouflage-works-5978665

On the other hand, I think camera have gotten more sophisticated lately.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts

They used to say those patterns messed up autofocus algorithms, and made contours less apparent. See this, which I found while trying to check my memory is indeed factual: https://jalopnik.com/this-is-how-prototype-camouflage-works-5978665

On the other hand, I think camera have gotten more sophisticated lately.
Hey that's a cool bit of trivia! I didn't know that. That being said coolest 'test' liveries I have ever seen are the one with all the world famous track on the McLaren P1 and then the 2018 Red Bull F1 test livery as well. Just wow to both!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts