Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just test drove and put a deposit down on an '06 Cayman S - all that is left is to have a PPI and move forward on my first Porsche.

Most of the threads on PPIs in Houston are older so I was hoping to get some more recent recommendations if anybody has had one or worked with these shops recently.

Looking at Eurocar Werks, Motorwerks, Swiss Garage or Koby and would like recommendations on any of them if anybody has worked with them recently.

Rennsport and European Auto Techniks are just too far for the PPI but will probably look into them for service.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick Update:

All four will do them, Eurocar only for local customers (I'm in Houston so that's fine).

Motorwerks $195 - spoke with Travis, most professional over the phone
EurocarWerk $359
Koby - $400
Swiss Garage $125

I am leaning Motorwerks based on cost and they sounded solid over the phone but eurocar also seems like a good place to go. Anybody work with these guys recently??

Reactions: jamesrg

·
Registered
61 Posts
AkramHaus- Akram Inshanally - (832) 277-4410
Great guy, very thorough, very professional.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I bought my 06 CS in Houston last June and took my car to Auto Techniks. As I had flown in from out of town, I needed a PPI performed the same day. He really had no "base" PPI charge, but would do any diagnostic/service that I wanted. Did a full computer diagnostic with over rev report and had him pull the oil filter, cut it open and inspect for debris. They were nice enough to fit me in without an appointment and broke away from their other work to help me out, paid $190.

Was cheaper than what Hennessy Porsche here in Atlanta charges and a more thorough job. The Porsche dealer wouldn't touch the oil filter unless I paid for an entire oil change!

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,257 Posts
How did they remove the oil filter without an entire oil change? They put the old, used oil back in?!?

An oil & filter change might be the first thing I would do with a pre-owned Porsche.

John

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just used Auto Techniks about a month ago. Michael was very thorough and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

Michael Cawley
European Auto Techniks
European Techniks Corp.
[email protected]
1200 Spears Road
Houston, Texas 77067
281-873-5111

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ended up using Motorwerks on 59 for the PPI. Planning on bringing the car by to Michael at Euro Auto Techniks for some routine maintenance now that the car is mine. It seems like he has a pretty good following on here.

PPI was roughly $200 and the dealer ended up putting new pads on all 4 corners for me because of it so definitely paid for itself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts