Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Softronic flash going (excellent BTW highly recommend) & installed my
Fabspeed catbacks today that I got from KCCS (love the sound). Now just have to let everything settle in.

BTW the exhaust install was a piece of cake!

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
An exhaust install was a piece of cake?! Those must be sturdy bolts they use from the factory! Really? No trouble?

...And keep us posted on where your gains are felt...

·
Registered
205 Posts
I am awaiting my Softronic Flash and plenum and have a new exhaust on the way. I too am happy to hear about your easy exhaust swap out. Did you just put the car up on ramps or did you put it on jack stands and pull the wheels? Congrats.

Chris

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
You can do any of them I know of on ramps. That said the 3 nuts on the flange between the headers and mufflers are challenging this way as access is limited. Having the wheels off makes access easier. The benefit of being on ramps is the suspension pieces are in the correct position to adjust clearance.

I did the full Capristo system on ramps so it is certainly doable.

Side note. The older your car the more important this is. Soak these nuts down with penetrating oil the night before and again before trying.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Got my Softronic flash going (excellent BTW highly recommend) & installed my
Fabspeed catbacks today that I got from KCCS (love the sound). Now just have to let everything settle in.

BTW the exhaust install was a piece of cake!
Sounds great, doesn't it? :banana:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I think I'm starting to have seller's remorse . . . ;)
Throw on some headers on it. Or do you already have these?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again KSCS!! LOVE THE SOUND!!!!! Only had an issue with one flange nut (upper left). Removed the wheel & it was no loger a problem. I am very lucky to have access to not one but two lifts. I think that is the key. I truly believe that I could change an exhaust out in less than 45 minutes after learning the ropes. Just as in any other endeavor having the right tools & knowing the tricks makes the job so much easier.
As far as performance: there is a DEFINATE increase in hp with the exhaust the the Softronic flash. I think it will continue to improve as the ecm learns.
I'm impressed with the exhaust tone - not too loud but definately commands respect wherever I drive. Minimal drone in the 25-2800 range. Power is applied smoother and the car just pulls & pulls!! DEFINITE UPGRADE!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts