Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have searched everywhere but can't seem to find an exact answer for my concern.
I got my AVIC-F900BT installed about 6 months ago along with the aftermarket amp to power the BOSE speakers. However, i am constantly hearing the static noise and my installer can't seem to fix it. They say i need a new amp (since they put in a crappy one to begin with) and aftermarket speakers to find massive improvement. Since they have already gone through the most complicated part, can i just buy a new amp and speakers to replace stock ones while using the existing wires? I am planning on getting a set of 6.5" focal 165CA two way speakers and Rockford Fosgate P400-4.
If you guys have any idea, please help me out. :helpme:

·
Registered
2 Posts
It is highly unlikely that the speakers or amplifier are the cause of static noises. I suspect you have a bad earth, bad power line regulation or poor screening on the audio cables. I am not an expert on car audio so others may have a better idea of the source of the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah..
I have heard of people saying that too...
So you are saying even if i replace speakers and an amp, i will still hear the static noise?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts