Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • NOTICE - Before adding photos to posts on Planet-9, please review: Posting Photos on Planet-9

upgrading armrests

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TenaciousD 
#1 ·
Mentally making a list before I pick my car up :)

One thing I noticed on the bse car is that the armrests (console lid and door pocket lids) are pretty cheap looking and hard. I would love to upgrade them with some better padded leather or alcantera for comfort and style. Does anyone know if the ones from the S are nicer? I was thinking the simplest swap might be to find used parts from an S to swap in. Alternatively it looks like the next best option would be to get them recovered from Classic 9 Leather as it seems to be the cheapest option I can find (leather ones from suncoast are $700 for the center lid and $470 EACH for the door pocket lids!!!). I did see some ebay 'covers' for like $30 as well but I can't imagine they look very nice at that price...

Are there any other options I'm missng? Has anyone else swapped them out?

#3 · (Edited)
Hi, I have alu-look serie armrests and trim for door handle. Have never seen these in any other Porsche. I am not sure but believe these are original tequipment. Quite exclusive and looking awesome or what do you think. The original center lid leather cover is ridiculously pricey, do not understand who is prepared to pay that

#4 ·
I've got the same armrests (as well as a matching center console & steering wheel) with my '06 CS. The original owner went nuts on the options sheet, and basically ordered everything but the sports exhaust.

Hi, I have alu-look serie armrests and trim for door handle. Have never seen these in any other Porsche. I am not sure but believe these are original tequipment. Quite exclusive and looking awesome or what do you think. The original center lid leather cover is ridiculously pricey, do not understand who is prepared to pay that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.