Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heeelp - URGENT - just fitting stripes (cayman R) how far from the bottom/edge do i go? All taped up but not sure if in the right place, thanks guys

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
On my car it is 1.5 cm from the bottom edge of the door to the bottom edge of the stripe. Is that the dimension you are after? hope that helps.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just measured mine. Looks like 5/8".

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We need photos when you've got them on.;)
the least i can do in the circumstances! One side on, i just need to check the length of the stripe on the front bumper before i attach it. I'm going to leave it a few days before i do the other side to see if i like the stripes. I'll take a picture of both sides and put it to the vote!:thanks:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
need to find out how long the bumper stripe is before committing. Anyone know how long it should be? GT2RS black carbon mirrors on there way to help break up the white as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good. Funny enough, I have been adding a 'bit of black' to my white CS too. So far I've only replaced the front fogs with led drl's. but plan to paint the side grills and possibly the mirrors.
I think the black makes it look a bit 'harder' so don't think you will be disappointed. You can always take it off! I've been toying with the 'new' techart front lip for the 987.2, Uk price is crazy but if i can find someone in Germany to send it to, you save about £300 and that makes it almost reasonable price wise. Don't know why the price is so different. Toying with painting it black.
2-2.jpg 7-2.jpg

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I think the black makes it look a bit 'harder' so don't think you will be disappointed. You can always take it off! I've been toying with the 'new' techart front lip for the 987.2, Uk price is crazy but if i can find someone in Germany to send it to, you save about £300 and that makes it almost reasonable price wise. Don't know why the price is so different. Toying with painting it black.
View attachment 60354 View attachment 60355
That would look superb in black against the white. A good saving too if you can arrange it.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks great with. When I was putting mine on, I went with the curve of the decal to the back side of the door (if that makes sense) and used the flat piece of the wheel arch for front spear. I like them, thinks it adds to the car. Now some of my non car guy buddies asked if I put them on so that everyone would know that I am driving a "porsh"...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i know what you mean, i was tempted but decided to try to keep it as close to the original as possible. Also i'm not sure the decal on mine was exactly the same shape as the door back edge. I guess i could of trimmed it a bit, but i was a bit nervous about messing it up! Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
replied to your pm. total length bottom edge is approx. 32 cm. From fenderwell edge to start of stripe is 3.5 cm. bottom edge of stripe to top splitter is 2 cm.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My vote would be to keep the decal. Looks good IMO. When I did mine I ultimately decided I preferred the decal without the front bumper part. The decal (and any other black bits you do) makes the 987 look a lot more aggressive IMO (probably why porsche did it with the R in the first place) I went with decal, painted wheels and painted mirrors. I get SO many more complements on the car after the details were added.

cayman1.jpg

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Loving the look with the newer 981 grey wheels as well. Ultimate I decided to keep my silver sport design wheels while I was contemplating changing them last year. Still undecided on whether I will add black mirrors or windshield trim. I am with you as well, so many more compliments once you add the details.

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fitted carbon half wing mirror similar to gt2rs, fitted the drivers side stripes and black vent. Carbon wing on order from germany so that will be next. Really like the look of the stripes now with the platinum spyders, will take some better pics when the car is clean. IMG_1824.JPG IMG_1825.JPG IMG_1826.JPG IMG_1827.JPG IMG_1828.JPG IMG_1829.JPG

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have a white cayman and I'm wondering how you guys painted your side grilles black? Did you take them off and take them into a shop to have the painted? If so what color and what was the cost? Or did you simply just buy new black ones?

Also have you considered going with black stone guards? Mine keep yellowing!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts